1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppets (2011) Movie News

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

UGH! I had to reload the Walter interview like 10 times to get it to work. Whatever player they're using on this site is one of the worst.

But E-FREAKING-GAD! Someone's reading this site, yo! There's no other reason for Walter's references to not only the ridiculously long wait for seasons 4 and 5, but the Tuxedo repaint Dr. Teeth action figure and the reference to the unedited Emmit Otter.

I mean, WOW! You can't acknowledge a fanbase like that without reading up on this stuff. Any doubt about the character should be wiped out with that interview.

And LOVED Miss Poogy's interview too.

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I really loved the way Miss Poogy pronounced "Moi".

3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Perhaps we can take this as a good sign that they know for sure that we really want the remaining Muppet Show seasons on DVD ASAP (maybe they're hinting at a possible release for sometime after the movie is released). :D

ploobis likes this.
  4. Gonzo91

Gonzo91 New Member

Ok so the thread I started yesterday has been moved so I'll guess I'll just post here.

Why is 'The Muppets" film getting released in November 23rd 2011 in USA but February 17th 2012 in UK?

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

scooters was one of my favs

6. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Walter is the best! I freaking love this guy!!! "You hear that, Disney, The Muppet Show, Seasons 4 & 5." He IS one of us!!!

ploobis and Duke Remington like this.
  7. abooch

abooch New Member

Who's seen this yet?

8. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

or this?

9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

o i saw it

10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Or it could just simply mean that Muppeteer Peter Linz keeps up with Muppet fan sites/forums and uses that for his Walter interview material (though not juuust quite enough to remember that the original airing of EOJC was on HBO, not Hallmark Channel...which didn't exist in 1977!!). I think that's the more realistic case as opposed to Disney using Walter's interview to telegraph things.

11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Where is the walter interview?

Also I just wish THIS level of hardcore online fandom made it into the movie. Like the stuff only the super nerds on MC would get:) But still, good seeing Linz doing this fan service AND the Pepe saturation. I guess Diz is making up for lack of Pepe in the actual film?

12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

found it! the videos seem screwed up sync wise, but i got the gist of it.
    http://www.upcoming-movies.com/Movies/the-muppets-walter-interview/

I love the homage/spoof of all the people obsessively whining about seasons 4 and 5, the nods to palisades figure collecting and of course referencing how jim henson company cut kermit out of the dvd release. brilliant!

13. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Muppet Domination comes this Thanksgiving please take all neccesary precautions

Beauregard and Duke Remington like this.
  14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Kermit recently called in to The Big J Show:

ploobis likes this.
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Kermit was also on Ellen D in an honest and funny appearance, some GREAT subtle references to him being a puppet.

This Kermit radio is actually awesome! But its weird to hear him on the phone.