1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets (2015) Emmy Consideration

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppet Master, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Even though The Muppets has been cancelled, it doesn't mean that it can't get some Emmy love. I looked at the Emmy ballots and found that several people and episodes have been inserted for consideration, I'm not sure if I found them all, but here's the link and the nominations I found are below.

http://www.emmys.com/ballots/2016

Outstanding Comedy Series

The Muppets

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series

Bill Barretta as Pepe the King Prawn, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Teeth, Big Mean Carl, Bobo

David Goelz as The Great Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Chip, Zoot, Waldorf, Beauregard

Eric Jacobson as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle

Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog, Rizzo, Beaker, Lips, Statler, Newsman, Foo-Foo

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series

David Rudman as Scooter, Janice

Matt Vogel as Uncle Deadly, Robin, Sweetums, Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Camilla, Crazy Harry

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series

Julianna Buescher as Denise, Yolanda

Outstanding Writing For A Comedy Series

A Tail of Two Piggies, Generally Hospitable, Swine Song

Outstanding Directing For A Comedy Series

Going, Going, Gonzo, Randall Einhorn

Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Cam Series

Pig Out, Craig Kief

Thoughts? Do you think anything can win or be nominated? I really hope something does just to stick it to ABC, also on July 14 the emmy nominations will be announced.

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow that's kind of nice! Hopefully a few of the puppeteers get nominated and even win! That would be cool if the show won an Emmy though! :p

ShMuppetgal96 and Muppet Master like this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I wish all the puppeteers listed here could be nominated. They're all outstanding performers and did some of their best work on this series. They all deserve an Emmy!

ShMuppetgal96 and Muppet Master like this.
  4. Muppet Master

I'm not keeping my hopes up, but it's possible it could get nominated for something smaller like cinematography, but you never know maybe they will win, the puppeteers really deserve it, and remember The Muppets are no stranger to the Emmys, The Muppet Show won 4 Emmys and got nominated 21 times. But I do think the show would have a better chance if ABC had renewed it.

ShMuppetgal96 and Muppy like this.
  5. Muppet Master

Just wanted to post this.

6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Remember this is for consideration. This means literally nothing beyond that being a guarantee.

Best comedy is going to go to something dramatic on cable or netflix that barely qualifies as comedy.

7. Muppet Master

Oh ya, there's no chance it wins best comedy, I think it's possible though it gets a nomination in something small like cinematography.

8. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

This is amazing! Just the guys being considered for nominating is amazing recognition!

Duke Remington and JimAndFrank like this.
  9. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I much as I would LOVE to see one of the performers win, it's an extremely long shot that they'll even get past this stage.

ShMuppetgal96 likes this.
  10. Muppet Master

See guys, I told you it would get nominated. Okay, it was something small.
    http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2016?page=5

Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative (Half-Hour)

Silicon Valley

The Big Bang Theory

The Muppets (for The X-Factor, Pig's In a Blackout, Single All the Way)

Transparent

Veep

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  11. Muppet Master

12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have the feeling they knew that Veep was going to be the award winner, and they felt bad a show with a message like Transparent wasn't (also, Black-ish was snubbed to here and back), so they did that thing where they give it various apology awards in things that it really shouldn't win. Personally, Silocon Valley and Muppets were more qualified for that.

But frankly, I'm far more annoyed that in Short Form animation, Steven Universe, specifically the amazing episode "the Answer" (where Ruby and Sapphire accidentally fuse and form a relationship at the expense of having to run and hide from their disapproving leader) lost to "Robot Chicken Christmas Special!" Not even the episode with the wonderful Talespin/Jungle Book/Borne Identity skit. Nope. I find it totally hypocritical that they throw awards at Transparent, yet ignore a similar message in a younger target demographic show in spite of the parental groups that would love to have it pulled off the air.

mr3urious likes this.