The Muppets' 60th Anniversary Trip

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 10

There was fire surrounding everyone, and facing them all was Blingo,, with a big flare gun.

"It's time to get things finished", grinned Blingo, pointing the flare gun at Kermit.

"Wait... Haven't we met?", asked Kermit.

"We did", said Blingo, "60 years ago. I was about to be cast on Sam and Friends, but then YOU had to audition, and they couldn't keep everybody..."

"And ME!"", said Fozzie.
"And me", said Gonzo.
"And me", said Walter.
"And me", said Ernie.
"And me", said Bert.
"And me", Red.
"And me", said Mokey.

"ENOUGH!", said Blingo.

More of the Sam and Friends cast came by, close to Kermit.

"Oh, it's the early 1950s family I never had", said Blingo, "but I was the only one let go so that you, Kermit, could be fired. And so I set out to destroy you. But first I got hit by a car and entered a 60-year coma. Once I finally woke up, I heard people talking about you, about how great you are , and learned that you became the sole break-out star."

The rest of the Sam and Friends cast gave Kermit jealous stares, Kermit looking a little sheepish.

"Luckily, I am quite resourceful, and have figured out what to do", said Blingo, "and since I am skilled at robbing banks, I robbed over 100,000 banks in one city alone to make this weekend possible. Of course, I had to make it 'most expenses paid', since it was only 100,000 banks I could afford to rob."

Blingo then cocked the trigger on his gun.

"And now, I...."

Blingo then got zapped by Bunsen's digital space-saving device, trapping him inside.

"Well, now he's trapped", said Bunsen, "we'll send him to the police."

On the inside of the digital space-saving room...

"I'm trapped!", said Blingo, "but it's okay, I'll just use this gun to get out."

He fired... But it only caused the machine to catch fire.

"I guess I'll have to fix it again before we can get him out of there and into his prison", said Bunsen, "And I think there might still be some bugs in there."

Cut to Blingo, now covered in bugs, running and screaming from the digital world.

In the real world, everyone cheered... Until they realized that they're still surrounded by fire.

"Uh-oh", said Fozzie, "we're still trapped!"

"Don't worry", said The Count, "The Countess von Dahling has been counting how many of us are here."

"And that's 1,037 wonderful Muppets!", said Countess Dahling von Dahling, making it rain and putting out the large fire.

Everyone cheered.

"Let me know when you want me to start counting backwards, dahlings", said Countess.

All the Muppets were back at the hotel, crowded into the hotel room.

"This isn't helping my claustophobia", said Boober.

"Shouldn't we have just gone back to out Fraggle hole?", asked Red.

"I don't like having to share my can with so many of you", said Oscar.

"I've created some space", said Big Mean Carl.

"Help us!", yelled one voice from inside Carl's stomach.

"Get us out!", yelled another voice.

"Well, this has been an interesting vacation", said Kermit.

A knock was heard on the door. Bobo opened it.

It was Denise.

"Well, Kermit, good news! I was able to make it after all!"

"That's great", said Kermit, "even if this is a crowded room."

"It was a crowded lobby and stairway as well", said Denise.

"Oh boy", groaned Miss Piggy.

"Well, what's important is that we all have each other", said Kermit, "and we're all here, right?"

Suddenly, some loud sounds were heard from outside, causing many to bounce a little up off the ground.

Sprocket barked.

"What could that be?", asked Matt.

Matt, Gobo, Sprocket, Herry, and Beaker all looked out the window.

"Oh, it's the Gorgs", said Gobo.

Junior, Pa, and Ma Gorg were all outside.

"Well, we finally made it", said Junior.

"Where do we stay?", asked Pa.

Everyone laughed.

The End

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And now for some facts about the development of this fan fic.

As I was deciding on how to end it, I thought up a few additional endings:
1. Instead of tying Constantine to a rocket and blasting him away (and landing back in the Gulag), Blingo would have locked up Constantine (I also considered having Walter find out about Blingo, get caught, and get locked up as well), only for Constantine to show up and save the Muppets from Blingo... And then, despite being a hero, getting arrested for breaking out of the Gulag.
2. The Gorgs show up during the climax and somehow save the Muppets, maybe by stepping on Blingo.

I had considered waiting a bit before we knew that Blingo was the one responsible for all the accidents, but since I put the 1955 flashback at the beginning, I think people would have expected him to be behind it. Of course, after finishing, I felt that maybe I shouldn't have opened it that way, and either have the viewers unaware until a few chapters in who was behind the disasters, or have the character be known but his name and motive unknown until he confronted Kermit at the end.

I had planned on having the gag where Carl "creates" extra space for the hotel in the first hotel room scene, but forgot about it. When I decided to have it end with the Muppets back at the hotel (and that was actually a decision I made at the last minute) and when I realized I was doing another scene there, I put in what I forgot.

Regarding the roller coaster scene with Mr. Poodelpants: I originally planned on having it be Angelo on the roller coaster, then thought maybe the roller coaster should be filled with characters who tend to be despised by many fans (I was thinking Angelo, Poodlepants, Bill the Bubble Guy, the Deep Dish Nine cast, Muppets Tonight Band, and Andy and Randy Pig). But aside from Angelo, I had trouble thinking up "despised" characters who didn't originate on Muppets Tonight (and I didn't think to include any despised Sesame Street characters - I could have included the Monster Clubhouse monsters, maybe Elmo and Zoe).