The Muppets and Disney Consumer Products

P

Philip Kippel

Reminder: Eric Jacobson has been doing Piggy, Fozzie, etc. even before Disney bought the Muppets.

That said, I think that Steve, Eric, etc. have done good jobs performing their respective characters.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
Honestly I enjoy watching the old Muppet stuff. At least it's worth watching over and over. There is no more quality to the scripts or the performances. Everything is just slapped together with "trying" to look like what it once was. They could resolve this issue with simply getting better performers for the main characters and hiring better script writers similar to Jerry Juhl's understanding of the character traits. These are the ingredients needed for a successful future of the Muppets.
Grant it Steve is a great performer but not for Kermit. Take a look at his expressions he makes for Kermit, they're too choppy. The voice just sounds like Steve's own voice. This does not work for Kermit, bottom line.
Same for Piggy, she's too exagerated in her voice and mannerisms. And it's not a good exageration. Eric has had over three years to perfect this puppet and he's not there.
Disney has nothing to loose by experimenting with new performers to portray these characters the way they should and deserve to be.
Yes let's keep the magic alive but the right way; not half-*****.

i also happen to love Steve's Kermit and Eric's Piggy (and others too) there BOTH GREAT! if you dont like em dont watch it man! :smirk:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Amicus said:
Disney buying them or not buying them has nothing to do with it. Disney currently owns them and to look out for the future and well-being of these characters I agree, they should be handled by people who can perform them the way the Muppets should be; Bottom line; Jim's Kermit, Frank's Piggy. I'm sure they'd agree.
Jim IS GONE man hes no longer with us! Frank isn't Muppeteering NO MORE! :smirk:

YOU NEED to look at this dude:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlp5WCZAMLQ

Daylight

Reaction score
I think Steve does a great job as Kermit. Just because his performance is different than Jim's doesn't mean that it's bad. We are never going to get someone who is exactly like Jim. Things change and we have to deal with it. Trying to get the main performers replaced is in no way going to help the Muppets.

LadyVader

Reaction score
Come on face it theres never going to be another Jim Henson & company in fact just be glad we to see the Muppets at all doesn't any one remember when there was no muppets at all on TV or any place eles we should be happy to at least get to see them again and remember times have changed Jim has passed on and on Disney now holds the Muppets they won't be the same Disney doesn't have Jim's heart there a for profit company look at all the remakes and seaqules to films the didn't need it.