1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets at D23 Expo 2011

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The toy line is cool and all, but I do NOT like the constant reuse of the same figures with a different accessory. I just want a Doof with a different expression sculpted on his face. And of course, Major Monogram, Carl, Baljeet and Buford NEED to be made into figures. But they are pretty good. I got the first Doof/Perry set and the one where P&F are on surf boards.

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I hope that we learn of more tie-in merchandise soon. I'm not really interested in the majority of what we do know about (the books are most interesting to me). If they can't release season 4, then I hope they release something on DVD (even if it's the Studio DC specials). At Toy Fare 2009 it was reported that there'd be Muppet plush that resembles the puppets, which were being held off from release until the movie comes out. I hope those are still going to happen (I'd like to see how these are different from the Master Replicas).

It would be cool if a third series of Muppet Vinylmation came out when the movie did.

3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

There will be a lot of children's merchandise, but there are several collectibles for the adult fans that hopefully will see the light of day. We should be hearing a lot more in the next month or so when official announcements are made.

4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Got any news about the Muppet Show Season 4 and 5 DVD's? It would be nice if you could reassure us that those are still in the works.

5. Drtooth

I'm just saying... re-release all the movies Disney owns, especially on Blu (even though I don't think it's going to make that big a difference, but everything in the world is getting rereleased that way), slap a couple bonus features on there, throw in movie trailers, and have a "Free movie ticket with purchase of this DVD" offer inside. That's what everything else does. They even re-release movies that have already been released not a year before like that when a sequel comes round. No need to release anything that hasn't even been released before, that works around whatever pesky problem they have with the TV show seasons.

6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I highly doubt we're going to even hear about season 4 until after the movie.

7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

If season four doesn't get released in time for the theatrical release, maybe it'll be released when the movie gets a DVD release. Which gets me wondering: If that did happen and I can only afford to purchase one on the day of release, which should I choose?

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

To me, I think it would depend on what extras it would come with.

9. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oooh! I love how this little clip harkens back to Rowlf's roots. Nice to see Kermit acknowledging that Rowlf has been around even longer than he has! Also, nice hand-puns as ever :p

11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Exactly Beau. People forget just *how* long the Muppets had been around. And for many people(including my Mom), Rowlf was the main Muppet character in the public eye for awhile. The 1969 "Sesame naming" special with Kermit and Rowlf tho was sadly the last time you really saw this focus on their dynamic. But from 1962 til 1969 Rowlf pretty much ruled the Muppets. So yeah, good to see Rowlf back finally

12. Drtooth

I never fully understood the Rowlf ban or whatever it was. I'm glad someone decided to bring him back in full force. Bill seems to be doing a great job with the character, and I bet he gets a LOT of play in the movie.

It was great to see them use Rowlf in this thing, since I feel he was just as important to Jim as Kermit was.

Duke Remington and Frogpuppeteer like this.
  13. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

I thought the reason why they didn't cast Rowlf right away was because he was so important to the Henson family they didn't want just anybody taking him up; they wanted the perfect voice, and a person who could get him truly in character wherever he may be.

Especially since Rowlf is considered by his daughter at the very least to be closest in personality to Jim himself.

14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah, my guess too is that they just couldn't get the right voice for Scooter and Rowlf(Scooter btw sounds PERFECT, thank goodness) I guess they were waiting, but they both are back in a big way which is quite exciting(Wish they could have debuted Skeeter in puppet form, as the tween/teen market woulda loved it)

15. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I don't know that "finding" the voices were a problem as they were right under their noses...Bill voiced Rowlf as early as 1996 and i had said for well over a decade that David should perform Scooter - long before that finally happened!

The talent was there all that time. They were just nervous and skittish. I think JHC at the time needed convincing from the fans that we felt it was a stronger tribute to the characters for them to live on. I think MuppetFest was really the first time the company got a collective aha as to how much the fans wanted the characters back full force and look at the effect that had on their next big project - IAVMMCM.

16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

True, and we did see Rowlf speak in the 2002 Weezer making of(gosh, cant believe that was over 9 years ago!) BUT I have to say Scooter sounded wayyy off IMHO until the Bohemian Rhapsody video. Both Rowlf and Scooter sound perfect now, as well as all the Oz characters that got taken over. Im extremely happy with most the voices

17. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

I would love to see some really intensive collectors edition blurays with in depth making of documentaries. Release those when this movie releases on bluray and I will throw wads of cash at disney lol. These movies really are worthy of Disneys Diamond treatment.

Btw, I don't know what clips are out there yet of fozzie in the movie, but if u've seen any, is it just me or is the voice really not so good? Something was off for me during the screening. Just a thought.

18. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Good to see, even if its strictly for a few scenes in Muppets 2011 or the D23 thing, JHC and Muppets back together in some capacity

RockSTAR girl and ploobis like this.