The Muppets.com Countdown has begun

Bubbadog

Reaction score
christyb said:
P.S. on a sidenote... Is anyone else having problems getting into things when you click on them??? (The things that are supposed to be done of course?)
Yes, but it doesn't matter, at least its up. YAY! :smile: :zany:

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I love this site! And it includes so many great characters! I have to explore some more...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Woo hoo! It's up, it's up! I hadn't followed the recent discussion, but I checked the site randomly to see how long the countdown was. I'm gonna go play!

:excited:

T

timrikthegorf

Not only did they not us 3d animation, THEY USED ACTUAL LIVE MUPPETS! Kermit and Rizzo in the begining are great and I think I saw Gonzo there too. The set up is great. I didn't expect something like this. My guess is this was the old plan (or close to it) that was tought up back when there was suppose to be a real Muppets Studios that became MGM. Perhaps it is a sign that there will be a new addition to the theme park.

T

timrikthegorf

Ok wait. I can;t play any of the games. What's the deal?

oh, it appears therre is another new logo. This time purple letters instead of green and a nicely drawn KErmit at the top.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
A lot of the links do not seem to be working for me... Is anyone else having this problem? Like in Club Mayhem and the Soundstage? I love the use of real Muppets, I think that I have seen Kermit, Rizzo, Gonzo, and Miss Piggy.

I also really like the inclusion of characters such as the newsman. It makes me very happy that they have included Scooter, Rowlf, and the Electric Mayhem in the bios section. Hopefully eventually they will add a few more characters, such as Robin, Sweetums, Beau, and Lew Zealand.

Miss Piggy's column is very funny - it reminds me of the good old days when Muppet magazine was on the shelves.

I love the penguins at Club Mayhem, but it was a bit disappointing that Zoot is not on stage with the band, unless I missed it... I also like Sam's section with the bios - the pictures all move. (and if you click on the picture with Jim Henson, it shows a quote which is really nice)

Overall, the site seems to be great and I cant wait to explore some more...

CaptainYoda

Reaction score
I think they new site is great, even though some of the things are quite working yet. But it is a very neat site, and I am glad it turned out good, so maybe some of the Disney-bashers would ease up a bit.

T

timrikthegorf

If you go to the lounge Fozzie should pop up. It looks like a new Fozzie puppet too. It looks really good. I do love Eric's Fozzie. Animal shows up in the Mayhem Club. He comes off stage and pops up in front of you in real live puppet form like the others. The design for this site is fantastic.

I'm guessing the links do not work because they just haven;t finished the sections yet. It's possible that the muppet performers haven't been available to do the voices or perhaps it's just a technical glitch. I'm sure it will be fixed. As for Zoot, maybe there wasn't a good shot of him to use, or perhaps he runs Muppet Records (which isn't up yet).

I liked the Jim Henson quote as well. Very nice. I think this is a good sign. A well rounded choice of characters.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Hey! The site is gone again... I tried to visit it again and it said that they will be up again shortly. Maybe they are fixing the links that were not working...

christyb

Reaction score
Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy.... No fair, I went back to explore the new site some more and now it's down. :cry: . I hate all this waiting.