1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" Final Parody Trailer On-line

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Frogpuppeteer, Oct 27, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Heh... that was a brilliant slap in the face of those who complained about it isn't it?

Nice that they hammered some of the competition.

Still, i wish they'd release these things on television. The internet buzz is good, but I should see Kermit every other commercial break instead of Adam Sandler in drag and Penguins singing controversial songs out of context.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i wish kermit would sing happy feet steve sounds really really good! :)
    Speed Tracer likes this.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------------------
    The "Happy Feet" bit was brilliant! ACK-- penguins!!!!!

Very very cute. Now to email this trailer to everyone I know...mwahhahahah...
    -----------------------------
  4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Speaking of "Happy Feet", part of me can't help but think that that bit in the trailer doubles as a reference to not only the "Happy Feet" movies, but to Kermit's "Happy Feet" musical number from The Muppet Show as well. :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I think he meant, he knew he'd spoil it for himself.

What I want to know is, why is Gary holding that one rat. And also, I have to know about Rowlf's wardrobe. Like, that hat he wears in that one part of the first full trailer, and also the suit he wears during the Telethon. When did Rowlf start wearing clothes? And scrubs don't count guys!!!
  6. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I know people have already said it on here but the "Fuss in Boots" bit was friggin BRILLIANT, and for so many reasons.

When they were first advertising for Puss in Boots, the release date was the same as the Muppets, but soon after the Muppets release date was announced Puss in Boots wisely moved up their release date- the Muppets would crush that dreamworks kitty anyday!

Second, the bit inconspicously and blatantly pointed out that there has been controversy (completely ridiculous controversy in my opinion) over the Fozzy fart shoes gag and in a span of less than 5 seconds completely diminimzed it- SO...FRIGGIN...BRILLIANT!

And for every parody of a new movie they did, they basically showed that the Muppets can parody their movie and could probably make their movie better if the Muppets did it themselves- all with each segment lasting mere seconds- So brilliant!!!

Whoever is coming up with these parody trailers, and especially this last one, totally amazing and they definitely deserve a raise!!

I love how they turned the tables on the first parody trailer (Green with Envy) to focus on Kermit and Piggy!!!!! (wish they would have done that in the first place) SO excited for the anticipation of new Frog/Pig romance!!!!!!!! I've been waiting so long for and it seems like this particular Muppet fan dream of mine will finally come true! :flirt:

Ok, whew, I got my excitement out for now, and I promise I'll stop saying brilliant...after these three times..BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT.

there, I'm done...

BRILLIANT!!!!!

ok, now I'm done :)
    Duke Remington and Bannanasketch like this.
  7. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I can't believe that I, as a die hard Muppet fan, mis-spelled Fozzie's name!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goes to show how tired I am......extremely long day of work today and a long weekend of having to go to work this weekend (DANG USAJOBS fiasco!!)

so ashamed...sorry Fozzie!

:o
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Once again, they've out meta'd themselves. Also I think they (Disney) realizes they dun goofed on the exclusion of Pepe, so seems they've been trying to over compensate lately
    Duke Remington likes this.
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

That trailer is pure genius! On so many levels even.

And while i don't know if one would say it equates with a "bazillion", but it looks like it provided the push to provide the Muppets with their millionth like on Facebook.
  10. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

As of this morning, The Muppets fanpage now has 1,009,717 likes. :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Of course I really want to read the book but I know I can't cuz I don't want to spoil the movie
  12. Muppet fan 123

The Most hilarious thing was Fuss in Boots concerning the scorn of the Fart Shoes
    Although I don't like the fart shoes I thought this was pretty funny
  13. Muppet fan 123

It was great how they used Kermit's famous Happy feet song to parody the movie Happy Feet Two
  14. Muppet fan 123

Too bad it's the last parody, I was really excited when he said "Unless you want us to do one more" I feel like that was what we've been waiting for, like that was the movie, can't wait till the real movie
  15. Drtooth

Took me a little time to realize it, but the one thing that keeps me completely stoked about this film is how the same people behind the romantic bits of Knocked up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get him to the Greek (I forget how much of it was Jason's involvement, though), not to mention one of the stars of HIMYM will handle the Kermit/Piggy relationship.

I, as a rule, HATE the garbagy fake romance movies they call chick flicks, yet I LOVED how FSM handled love and relationships.
  16. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

Loved it. A parody of their own parody. So funny. And its nice that the hardcore fans who want to see Pepe got a lil Pepe action lol.
  17. Muppet fan 123

Exactly that's what I love how they were able to parody Happy Feet when we heard Kermit's famous happy Feet song, to an outsider, (a non Muppet crazy fan) would see that they probably would not laugh
  18. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

When the twilight came on i was like "oh god... not this.."
  19. Drtooth

I want to add, sounds like either the Happy Feet is part of another musical number or it's a sound-a-like parody just for this trailer. Doesn't sound exactly like the original one used in the Muppet Show.
  20. Muppet fan 123

I am pretty sure it's Tex Richman opening the door