1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by MrBloogarFoobly, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Can't happen. Imagi is dead. it folded last year and with it plans for Gatchaman.
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah they're website(just like Enron's in 2002) says "they're restructuring and will be back". Heh. Yeah they're dead. I hear Gatchaman was pretty much in the can. Oh well...
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hey! TOLD ya it wasn't going to happen. I'm extremely disappointed that its not happening, along with the obvious merchandising tie ins... and the fact they called it Gatchaman in the first place (I HAAAATE the Battle of the Planets dub). But that's what happens when you get some ex-Dreamworks guy to mismanage the entire company. I'm glad they didn't make another TMNT movie because they would've screwed it up and it never would have been finished anyway.
  4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

That's just messed up.
    At the bottom it says, "This critisicim is brought to you by the letter S for stupid"
    How stupid is this article? I don't know if it was FOX who brought this dumb story up to start with, but that's just plain old stupid, oh so there being a bad guy makes it brainwash, PLEASE every kid movie has that!
  5. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

The "article" is anti-FOX News (hence it being a joke), the video is not.

Sometimes I can't believe the things that are on that network. Everytime you think they top themselves, they just end up doing something more ridiculous. I'd find it hilarious if people didn't use it as an actual news source.
    MJTaylor likes this.
  6. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

sounds like colbert bait. i guarantee this story gets mocked by one of the late night hosts
  7. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Hey just think of all those Fox News watchers who just discovered that there was a new Muppet movie. As many times as the word "Muppet" was used in that segment I would have to say they were using a little bit of a brainwashing tactic themselves. Thank you Fox News! *thumbs up*
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  8. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Another sterling example of quality journalism by Fox...:rolleyes:

I hope Richard Hunt sends these guys a good resounding "Your face" from up in heaven.
    LinkiePie<3 and Fersureitsjess like this.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

And I'm sure they know that. They just needed to have something to write about. Any publicity is better than no publicity. ;)
  10. Walter

Walter Active Member

And another thing.. Kermit says Tex is a well known philanthropist. He isn't a bad guy, he just had a Muppet grudge..
    Puckrox likes this.
  11. heralde

Well I think what was going on there was that Kermit had been deceived into thinking Tex was a philanthropist when he was really out to destroy the theater for profit.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well thats the joke...many of the top "philanthropists" of our time are in real life robber barons(George Soros, David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, George HW Bush, etc) They live to be a bazillion years old because they get access to stuff the public never could afford or know about)
    heralde likes this.
  13. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Really, Fox? Just, really? Look I am a Conservative who will be voting for a Republican this coming election. I do agree with much of what Fox News hosts usually say. And yes, I'm a HUGE Muppet fan (Yes, it's possible ;) ). But anyways, i found this was incredibly stupid on Fox's part. I mean, have they even watched the new movie? No, I don't think they did.

This really comes as no surprise to me at all. I was pretty much expecting it. I realize there are Right Wingers out there who will attack Children's films because of some "secret liberal subliminal message."

The thought never crossed my mind while I was watching this movie that this was some kind of left-wing conspiracy. And I don't feel kids will either. All I knew was that Tex Richman was the bad guy who wanted to tear the Muppet Theater down. There was no elaborate plot about how Tex Richman was working for Big evil Oil Corporations and then the Muppets come along and want to save the earth so they stop Tex and promote environmentalism. Nothing like that happened. Tex= bad. Muppets= good. End of story.
  14. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

The amusing thing is, I can totally see Sam the Eagle on Fox News doing this actual video, saying Muppets are practically evil ... and then the money shot, when he realizes HE'S a Muppet .... :)
  15. heralde

I think that was pretty much implied though. Which is fine with me. ;)
  16. heralde

Actually yeah, that would have been perfect for Sam! Lol :attitude:
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Remember, in the mind of Fox News and others:

Pushing propaganda and lies to get people to go along with horrible immoral wars
    that destroy the lives of both US soldiers and innocent Muslims=good

Anything with an environmentally conscious or peaceful message=bad
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

If Ron Paul gets the nomination I'd consider voting Republican:) No way am I ever going to be trusting Obama again. But with the GOP, I feel bad for them as the selection is right out of an SNL skit.

Tex Richman is right out of classic Muppet film rogue's gallery, much like Doc Hopper. Even as someone who leans a bit more left than right, I cant stand a lot of these over preaching Hollywood liberal films like Avatar, mostly because the writing suffers as a result.
  19. heralde

When both parties are overhauled I'll consider voting period. :)

I think that has been a problem lately. The emphasis on the political agenda leads to pretentious, cliched writing.
  20. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

why not trust obama? i don't understand what he's done that's so bad. preventing a depression, passing healthcare reform, killing bin laden....all seems like good stuff to me. (although i'd bet money if a republican president had gotten bin laden, it would have been portrayed as just that- a miracle) i mean he can't exactly work miracles with the economy considering what he inherited, it takes time. and the republicans will never pass anything he proposes, so what's he supposed to do about that, exactly?

all this obama hate seems way overblown. i really don't get it.