1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets join PBS for "A Capitol Fourth" Friday July 4, 2014

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by JimAndFrank, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

According to BroadwayWorld.com, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy will be making an appearance during the Independence Day celebrations on PBS's 'A Capitol Fourth'. Along with many other acts, the two Muppets will sing Rainbow Connection with the assistance of the National Symphony Orchestra.

"I love Washington D.C. Not only was it built on a swamp, but this is where I got my start in show business - on a local TV show in 1955," said Kermit the Frog. "Being in D.C. is like coming home!"

"Moi is thrilled to be part of this glorious patriotic celebration," adds Miss Piggy, who insists she's ready for all the pomp and pageantry. "Let's face it, wherever I go there's usually fireworks."

Other bit players are songwriter Phillip Phillips and composer John Williams among many others. The program will air from 8pm til 9:30pm.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...e-Muppets-Join-PBS-A-CAPITOL-FOURTH-20140616#

2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Awesome! Why watch fireworks when you have muppets :). Hope to see Sam and Crazy Harry their too, :attitude: for patriotism and :crazy: to launch the fireworks.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Patti LaBelle will also be performing as well.

4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I will make sure I am home at 8:00 for this!!!

JimAndFrank likes this.
  5. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Do any of you guys know exactly what time The Muppets will be performing?

6. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I cannot wait to watch this on PBS tonight. :):mad:

7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  8. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Anyone gonna post any streams (if any actually exist) for this? Even if it is just a brief appearance I'd hate to miss out.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  9. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

FYI, muppets will go on around 8:13. I'll be at the concert in person and I can't wait!

10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.