1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets on the Cover of D23 Magazine

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by a_Mickey_Muppet, Nov 3, 2011.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Great! :)
  2. Kelly

Kelly New Member

I want it! Will be visiting Barnes and Nobles soon to get it!
  3. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

I can confirm that Books-A-Million carries D23! I have it now too! Entertainment Weekly though, I'm having the hardest time trying to find it!
  4. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Odd. Usually EW's are EVERYWHERE! (You usually see them in the checkout counters instead of the magazine racks though)...maybe it's getting difficult because the week's over.
  5. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Probably, I checked two pharmacies, a grocery store, Walmart, Mobil, and Books-A-Million and didn't see it anywhere, even in the check-out lines! Oh well, at least I have the Muppet issues of Wired and D23!
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the EW or D23 issue anywhere. Saw the Wired one. Im not one for collecting magazines anymore, so I'll wait for the scans. I still have some cool 90's magazines that featured the Muppets

Also, IF ONLY this were real....Phineas and Ferb have a cool magazines, I wish they could make one for these guys(the 80's Muppet Magazine was AMAZING)

[​IMG]
  8. Mupp

Mupp Member

In case anyone was wondering about it, there is a page for the D23 magazine on the Muppet wiki and they put some info about what the issue has.
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

HOLY MOLLY OF GOODNESS! My local safeway grocery store just randomly got this issue in(was super surprised) and *faints* This has got to be the most INSANELY awesome Muppet magazine special I have ever seen...at least since the 1995 Variety special and the 80's Muppet magazines.

The $16 price tag is an eggregious gross error of price gouging, especially given the page count, but this is just beyond words...the pictures and interviews alone, WOW.

Could you guys imagine if we got an ENTIRE muppet magazine like this?
    Tron, Tangled, etc got their own magazine

But yeah...I am quite estatic. Oh and the Pixar feature...wow
    [​IMG]
    Puckrox likes this.
  10. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Safeway, eh? I may need to ride my bike over to the local Safeway to see if they have any before I head off to work.
  11. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Yeah that's where I got my copy (even before I knew of this thread) was at Safeway. haven't read it yet, but looking forward to it. The price was pretty steep, but I knew I still had to have it.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

They just might have it! It was the last place Id expect to see it. I had an easier time finding this than the EW Kermit cover, which to this day I still havent seen. I see Wired with Bunsen and Beaker in more places than Wired. In a way, the total lack of muppet merch is making these little find all the more fun. But I have to say, as much as the price of the magazine is outrageous, the content is beyond amazing.
  13. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'm subscribed to EW, so you can imagine my surprise/joy when I got the issue in the mail that had Kermit's face on it. :)