The Muppets SPOILER Thread

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
There are also pictures of Alinda and Piggy hugging on the wiki. Perhaps they're old friends. Or maybe sisters?

Muppy

Reaction score
There are also pictures of Alinda and Piggy hugging on the wiki. Perhaps they're old friends. Or maybe sisters?
I like your thinking. I'm hoping for sisters, but old friends will do just fine!

But it might just be a pig fan or something, unfortunately.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
When was the last puppet that didn't look so strange, probably Walter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Muppets will have it's season finale on March 1 apparently, then it will sadly be replaced by yet another generic sitcom about some family, depending on how it's ratings play out, the muppets will either return for a second season or ABC execs will claim it was always supposed to be a limited series. There are 5 more slots for the muppets to air, but six episodes left, I heard from somewhere that The Muppets will have a 1 hour season finale then, so I am assuming that they will air 2 episodes back to back, though not 100% sure, it seems likely that will happen. So we got a lot of new muppets on the way, really exicted to see if the new showrunner made the show even better.
While I am still concerned that the show will be picked up or not, I'm not concerned by the fact they're ending the show mid-season. It's either that or make the hiatus longer, or the obnoxious bit where a show comes back and only 2 episodes air before the reruns start back up. I mean, seriously! It's like Modern Family has like 6 episodes a season. I know that's not the case, but with the amount of reruns the series has when the other shows are all new is ridiculous.

I'm slightly concerned that they're marketing the heck out of the show's mid-season replacement. The only thing that looks promising about the show is Martha Plympton. While I indeed prefer dysfunctional/crazy/quirky family sitcoms over saccharine, preachy wholesome domcoms, they're really oversaturating the market. There's nothing here that looks unique other than the Catholic angle. But frankly, whatever was going to replace The Muppets was going to be met with scorn and disapproval from Muppet fans. I don't think I'll bother with it, but then again there's nothing to do for a half hour between FOTB and Marvel's whatever.

mr3urious

Reaction score
But frankly, whatever was going to replace The Muppets was going to be met with scorn and disapproval from Muppet fans. I don't think I'll bother with it, but then again there's nothing to do for a half hour between FOTB and Marvel's whatever.
I'm hoping The Real O' Neals doesn't step on the muppets.' neck in the ratings, too. It doesn't look too awful, but it better keep to itself. :grr:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
While I am still concerned that the show will be picked up or not, I'm not concerned by the fact they're ending the show mid-season. It's either that or make the hiatus longer, or the obnoxious bit where a show comes back and only 2 episodes air before the reruns start back up. I mean, seriously! It's like Modern Family has like 6 episodes a season. I know that's not the case, but with the amount of reruns the series has when the other shows are all new is ridiculous.

I'm slightly concerned that they're marketing the heck out of the show's mid-season replacement. The only thing that looks promising about the show is Martha Plympton. While I indeed prefer dysfunctional/crazy/quirky family sitcoms over saccharine, preachy wholesome domcoms, they're really oversaturating the market. There's nothing here that looks unique other than the Catholic angle. But frankly, whatever was going to replace The Muppets was going to be met with scorn and disapproval from Muppet fans. I don't think I'll bother with it, but then again there's nothing to do for a half hour between FOTB and Marvel's whatever.
Ya, I think it's reached the point where the glut of family comedies is getting annoying a bit, hopefully that generic family comedy tanks in the ratings, but that's unlikely considering all the successful ones that dominate ABC, I'd much rather prefer workplace comdies, but I guess when ABC finds a successful genre they stick to it, heck the only ones I really enjoy anymore are The Middle and Blackish, the rest have gotten kind of repetitive for me. Though The Muppets is arguably being advertised just as much if not more for it's midseason return, heck I just saw one right now during local news and tons while watching Galavant or ABC Wednesday comedies. The March thing is a little worrying as well as the fact that they didn't order a full 22 episodes, but it's also good to note that Brooklyn Nine Nine also ended it's first season in March, and that's still is thriving. At this point wheter the show gets renewed or not will depend on what it does in this second half of the season after the retooling, anything in line with Fresh off the Boat will likely get it a renewal.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm hoping The Real O' Neals doesn't step on the muppets.' neck in the ratings, too. It doesn't look too awful, but it better keep to itself. :grr:
I'm assuming ABC will pick either O'Neals or The Muppets, because they can't renew so many comedies, maybe Dr. Ken caves in and gets cancelled leaving The Muppets to go to Fridays, but at this point lets hope The Muppets crushes it in the ratings.