1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets Take Disney Store Manhattan November 27

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppet fan 123, Nov 13, 2012.

1. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

I thought this was a free event, and I could go since I live an hour away from the city... BUT FOR D23 MEMBERS ONLY? Well, that's bad! I guess it's so they avoid stampedes like that Justin Bieber incident years ago? Or maybe it's for mature fans only?
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Uhh no it's probably part of being an exclusive member.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Well, it's becuase they want you to pay to become a member. If they keep having cool events like this, people will most probably join becuase they are member exclusives.
  4. mo

mo Well-Known Member

they have quite a few, so you definately have a chance :)
  5. Pinkflower7783

After knowing this I am seriously considering joining. :p
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here are some pics from today's appearance surfacing on the web from those in attendance...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Muppet fan 123

Oh..so that's how it was done. So I see there was no official way to meet Steve and Bill in person too. But this is really cool anyway, was everyone able to take a picture with Kermit and Pepe?
  8. Pinkflower7783

Man if I lived close enough to NYC I would've gotten a membership so fast!! But alas I live 5-6 hours away. >< The Muppets sure know how to take NYC! :)
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  9. abooch

abooch New Member

It was pretty cool. Not bad for 5 bucks. They had trivia and I won a Kermit/Steve Whitmire signed Kermit Plush. Ill post pics if you guys want... Ran into Steve and Bill briefly.

Also posted a video of my interaction with Kermit and Pepe.. It's kind of a bad video because I took it on the fly..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Pinkflower7783

OMG LUCKY!! Yes, yes please do post!!!
  11. Muppet fan 123

OMG! You are one lucky guy!
    Please post pictures!
  12. Pinkflower7783

My time is coming!!! It's the only thing on my bucket list is to meet Kermit/Steve!!!

EDIT-OMG I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! GRR!!! I'M TELLING YOU NEXT EVENT IN NYC I AM THERE!!!
  13. abooch

abooch New Member

Just posted some things!
  14. Pinkflower7783

Just edited my previous post. LOL
  15. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

So cool! :D I'm an Anthony too, so now I know what it sounds like for Kermit to say my name, AWESOME!!
    :)
    Thanks for sharing man, that was the best.

Was there any kind of speech or Q & A? Any hints on the upcoming movie, more merchandise, any little tidbit Disney might've let them share? Ha ha, always on the hunt for Muppet news. ;)
  16. Pinkflower7783

I wanna hear Kermit say my name. :(
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's a video from Stitch Kingdom of most of Kermit and Pepe's live Q&A as the Muppets Took Manhattan on 11/27...

18. Pinkflower7783

I love how Kermit mentions again their gonna be shooting the new film in January!!! Never doubted you for a min when you said so way back in June Kermit!!! :)
  19. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

It never fails..... I always miss the best Muppet opportunities because I don't live in LA or NYC. To be honest, if ever came face to face with Kermit I would probably breakdown. lol