1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

The Muppets Take Hollywood at Jack in the Box

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

George Colon takes an in-depth look at the seven new Muppet action figures available at Jack in the Box fast food restaurants through August 3.

While Palisades and Nanco have plans for Pepe figures and dolls this year, the Jack in the Box Pepe is the first likeness of Pepe ever available.

Check out the story and the close-up of all seven figures. Let us know what you think.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/060603.shtml

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Well-Known Member

These look pretty darn cool, although I do wish they were from a nationwide chain instead of a regional one like Jack in the Box.

I'm impressed--for kid's meal toys they look really nice. And it's an interesting selection of characters--adding the Swedish Chef and Pepe to the Big Five!

Me like.

Off to eBay I go!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

3. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry Well-Known Member

I'm hungry for cheeseburgers all of a sudden.

4. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Well-Known Member

I am so stoked about this. Pepe is finally available!!! It's not the best likeness, but it's not terrible, and hey...Pepe's finally available!! :) :rolleyes: :D

There are lots of Jack in the Box restaraunts in my area, so I'll be snatching these up and then making them available for you all via eBay. I'll let you know when they're up.

5. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E Well-Known Member

Jack in the Box burgers aren't very good. But their milkshakes are awesome; I foresee drinking a lot of those between tomorrow and August :)

I was hoping that Denny's would have done something (Like their All Dogs Go to Heaven promotions), but nothing. Oh well.

6. Chilly Down

Their tacos are really quite excellent too.

7. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E Well-Known Member

Haven't rtied their tacos. Guess I'll have to

8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've heard that. Remember the tacos they used to have at Burger King? I seem to recall someone saying they tasted alot like those. If so, they are good!

I wish there were a Jack in the Box around here. I could really go for some o' those toys! Well, I'll be joining you all on eBay soon, I suppose. :)

9. King Prawn

King Prawn Well-Known Member

I hate having to use Ebay to get stuff but i'll have to, the bright side is i'm a Muppet fan, so i'm used to the madness that goes on in Ebay with all those annoying bids.

10. Crazy Harry

Man I'm hungry!

11. Chilly Down

You're right on the money. BK got the rights to sell those tacos in areas where there were no JITB's, because that's the exact same recipe.

I'd be happy to sell those on eBay too, but I doubt you'd want one that way. ;)

12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

speachless

Holy crap, I'm 3 years old all over again(when I first got the Fisher Price Muppet figures)

My feet have blisters, I walked for a millennia...but oh man,
    IMHO these are some of the best Muppet figures Ive ever seen.
    And they are $1 each...EACH. I would have paid $50 for the Swedish Chef alone.(seriously, OMG thats th ebest of th eline)
    Now they could have just come out with 4 or 5...nope, 7 Muppet action figures. I believe this is the beginning of the new Muppet merch rennaissance I was hoping for...man, starting right now, in June...the merch of a lifetime is about to begin!

But yes, *EVERYONE* on here...I dont care if youre a vegan, opposed to junk food, etc...get your keister over to JB's and
    bask in the glory of these puppies...Sorry Palisades, yeah you rock, but my main love is with 3-4" figures^_^;;

13. Crazy Harry

The starting bid is 35¢

14. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger Well-Known Member

What the heck? Is there no one on the forum who has access to Jack in the Box, and is willing to help their brothers and sisters here on Muppet Central at cost plus shipping on these? We have to fight each other to buy these from a fellow board member on ebay, rather than receiving a helping hand from a fellow collector on this board?

Wow, what a sense of community..... :rolleyes:

15. Super Scooter

Boy, do I feel ashamed.

16. Crazy Harry

What is a shamed?

17. Super Scooter

18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Except for international folks, I dont see how findign these could be a problem...given JB's are literally everywhere, like Starbucks.

19. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

According to their Web site, Jack in the Box is only in 29 states, so that means 21 states in the US don't have easy access to the figures.

20. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger Well-Known Member

Don't worry about me guys. I found someone willing to help on another forum that I'm a member of (non Muppet), where people actually help each other..... :boo: :p

I only count 17 states on their website (maybe it hasn't been updated), according to their restaurant locator. And, in addition to 33 states being left out in the cold on these toys, you could hardly call Jack in the Box a presence in some of those states where there are only a handful of locations.

Location Facts:

Jack in the Box Inc. operates and franchises more than 1,800 Jack in the Box restaurants, primarily located in the western United States. The company's corporate headquarters is in San Diego, California, USA.

New Mexico 2 Locations
    Utah 2 Locations
    Oklahoma 2 Locations
    Illinois 13 Locations
    Louisiana 18 Locations
    Idaho 22 Locations
    North Carolina 27 Locations
    Tennessee 27 Locations
    South Carolina 21 Locations
    Hawaii 29 Locations
    Oregon 43 Locations
    Missouri 48 Locations
    Nevada 60 Locations
    Arizona 141 Locations
    Washington 115 Locations
    Texas 504 Locations
    California 823 Locations (which I guess is why they must seem like they're "literally everywhere" to you, beaker)

Total Number Of Locations: 1897