"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

Nick22

Reaction score
I love this poster! :smile: I am so excited for this movie! And the posers look awesome! Especially Piggy!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Cool poster, Animal looks adorable, lol. And Piggy looks nice too. I have to admit I wondered briefly if "Closer than you think" meant 3-D, heh.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Cool poster, Animal looks adorable, lol. And Piggy looks nice too. I have to admit I wondered briefly if "Closer than you think" meant 3-D, heh.
i sure hope not because the way my vison is i cant see 3d.

Dearth

Reaction score
Some wag on AICN's replies noted that it looks like Gonzo's carrying a gun, and now I can't UN-see that! LOL

Alex

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
i sure hope not because the way my vison is i cant see 3d.
3D is something that they would outright say on the poster and not hid in an ambigious logline. I suppose they could make a 3D version, but I don't think they will because it wasn't shot in 3D, conversion is needlessly expensive and there's already a MuppetVision 3D in Disney themeparks. Even if Disney does release "The Muppets" in 3D, there's usually a regular 2D version, so there's absolutely no reason to worry, Dwayne. I have no doubt that you'll be able to enjoy all the Muppety goodness!:smile:

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Wow! I hope so much the trailer will appear on television, them my classmates go crazy!
:big_grin: Wow, I'm pretty happy now...
...only not with the fact the movie will come in our cinemas much later... I can't wait! Okay, my brother goes to "cars 2", I go to "the muppets" !:flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with much of this.

While I prefer a Drew Struzan painted poster (we never know, that could still be possible) this kind of photo-realistic glossy poster is what the main moviegoing market responds to these days. On the other hand it does make so many silly people think that this movie is some sort of cynical CG attempt. That will soon be remedied by the trailers so I'm not too concerned.
I swear, the last traditionally drawn and painted poster (before Princess and the Frog) was the horrid movie Gramma's Boys (or something like that) drawn in a ripoff of the poster from Animal House.

That said, I don't mind the Smurf butts crushed in a NY subway train... the movie's probably going to be one titanic Smurfbutt anyway.

I give credit for the tagline not being an not very clever pun on a rap song that no one listens to anymore, like EVERY single kiddy movie poster usually is.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
It's great to see a new poster, but i would hope and I'm sure other ones will come out. it would be nice to put in more Muppets. like if this pic somehow had full bodied Rowlf and scooter i would go gaga. I'm sure we'll see more in time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'll wait because I have a feeling that I can get a better one at Wal- Mart soon, and even use my discount.