1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppets, The Movie Junior Novel

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppetfan44, Oct 11, 2011.

1. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

i JUST bought this book tonight at walmart and along it i found the Marvel release muppet comic "Family Reunion" very cool! :)

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Walter

Walter Active Member

Oh yeah, Amy Adams is one of my favorite actresses.. It's just that the character of Mary seemed more about Gary's subplot from the trailers... from the book I learned she is so much more than that.

3. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

The image inserts from the Nook Book...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

newsmanfan, TSSD, Frogster and 2 others like this.
  4. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

These are the same images that are in the paperback copy as well

5. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

This picture being captioned as Rizzo makes me worried. We've seen this weird looking rat since the first trailer, could it just be a new version of Rizzo? I mean, we've only seen this rat, never Rizzo.

6. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Rizzo appears in the crowd during Kermit's big "I believe in you" speech in the first official trailer, next to Pepe.

7. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Ah, okay, never mind then.

8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

yea rizzo has no lines in the book

9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Until I saw these pictures, I thought that shot of the gang was in the auditorium. I hadn't noticed 'till now that it's backstage. And it looks like the backstage has an extra floor.

10. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Random question...

Does the novel address the reason for the empty arches in the theme song?

11. muppetlover123

nope not at all

12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I got the book. It's a good read. So much I'd like to comment on yet I don't want to spoil the film (well, maybe I will spoil the film.... With money by seeing it many times!)

13. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Up to Chapter 5!!

Not sure so far, the book feels very different from the clips and images, I ought to wait to see the film, but the temptation is too great!!
    I also read today Frogs are Funny................it took like 20 mins cover to cover!!

Chris

14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Frogs are Funny seems like a mini-coffee table type quote book. I'm surprised it would take that long to read. I really need to get to one of the few remaining bookstores and thumb that thing over. Seems like a nice little book to own.

15. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

It does take that long. Over 200 pages and while there aren't so many words as such, someone reading for the first time will take their time looking at the photos and imagining/guessing what each quote is from.

16. muppetlover123

i read the junior novelization in about an hour i was that anxious

17. Kermieuk

Maybe I'm just a slow reader! Hehe

Up to chapter 9 of the novel it's so much better than I first thought and I want to go see the film NOW!!

Chris

18. muppetlover123

lol the ending is uhhh just see for yourself

19. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

muppetlover123, don't worry about the ending. I doubt the movie itself will end like that. Books like these (ESPECIALLY when they come out BEFORE the movie) typically change the ending or cut off before the real one so the movie's ending isn't spoiled for theater viewing.

Besides: worst-case scenario: even if (and that's a big if) the movie does end like that, then that just screams "Sequel on the way..."

20. Kermieuk

Finished! The end was a little disappointing so I hope your right that they will change it in the film. I'm sure this is a very diluted version of the story. Watching a clip still makes me smile so I'm still looking forward to the film.

Chris