"The Muppets" What were you half expecting

MWoO

Reaction score
i looked it up ad it seems the term wasn't used until 1990's when kfc added to the menu. i hope thats true because it makes the line funnier to me. scooter was a head of his time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i looked it up ad it seems the term wasn't used until 1990's when kfc added to the menu. i hope thats true because it makes the line funnier to me. scooter was a head of his time.
Can I ask where you looked it up? Just curious. :smile: Now I want to figure this out, lol.

MWoO

Reaction score

CensoredAlso

Reaction score

MWoO

Reaction score
:embarrassed: i need to learn how to do those fancy searches that exclude words.

clearly kfc bought the internet.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i need to learn how to do those fancy searches that exclude words.
Well it took me a few tries too. I went to Google Books, then Advanced Search. I typed in "popcorn chicken" as an exact phrase. Then in the "without the words" section I typed Kentucky, Fried and KFC so those terms wouldn't show up. I then chose to only search Magazines because I figured they would have pop culture references from various time periods.

clearly kfc bought the internet.
Lol, yeah really. The Internet does do a very good job of making it look like popcorn chicken started when KFC introduced it on their menu.

Btw for future reference, eHow's a content farm website and not necessarily known for its quality. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I expected:
  • a tighter, more cohesive story
  • some other singing puppets in the "Life's a Happy Song" number even if they were only seen through Walter's imagination
  • more villainy from Tex and the Moopets
  • more of the Muppet Show
  • the line about Kermit actually living in a pond
  • more Muppet dancing in the musical numbers
  • more classic backstage shots (i don't think we got one single wide shot of the whole backstage like in the Muppet Show)
  • more Electric Mayhem (they really needed a number all their own)
  • more Beaker, Pepe, Rizzo and Janice
I guess that's it. Those seem like complaints, but as the thread is titled - it's what i expected.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I was really expecting them to save the theater with no problems at the end, I recall before the movie came out saying "I think we all know exactly how the movie's going to end..." I wasn't expecting them to ultimately fail at that.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
At the end, I was almost expecting the theatre audience to mob Tex when he kicked the Muppets out.

Yea, the ending was a surprise to say the least. What was kinda cool about it was that they carried it on for a while. It wasn't "Oh, looks like we lost, darn...oh yay! Something happened, we're good"