"The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" disappoints - Jim Hill

minor muppetz

Reaction score
matleo said:
Jim Hill is such an overrated hack it isn't even funny!!

Remember when he was supposed ot write a series of articles for MC?? I wonder why that didn't pan out? oh I remember, cause most of us here HATE him and everything he puts on paper. He never has anything useful to say. He quotes "sources in high places" which is just Jim's way of taunign and saying "I know people on the inside and so I'm cool and you're not" and he talks down to his readers.

I really wish that guy would find himself a life or at least some real writing talent.

--Matt
I think it was said that the jim henson company didn't want the articles to be shown on muppet central untill after the sale of the henson company was finalized. of course, the sale has been finalized for two years and not one chater has been written. shameful. :rolleyes:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
MuppetNewsHound said:
They were too concerned with trying to make Miss Piggy & pals seem "hip," current, with it. Part of today's culture. Which is why they loaded up the script for "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" with napster jokes and "Girls Gone Wild" reference.
Bastardization: complete.

mummytomb

Reaction score
I see contradictions in your posts. Some of you say Frank wanted nothing to do with the project, while others say he reviewed it in the beginning.
My hope is that he would say, "Fozzie doesn't sound like Fozzie."
None the less, good points have been made in this article. The show was not good. Even those of you who enjoyed it would have to admit the production was not as inventive and exciting as past projects.
...And as long as we, the fans, accept this "sub-par" programming, the rest of the entertainment world won't want to tune in.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I haven't seen MWoO, so someone give me their honest opinion: is it better than, worse than, or on par with KSY?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

yeah MWoO has become one of my fav Muppet films.

it goes:

Muppet Movie
Great Muppet Caper
Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppets Wizard of Oz
Muppet Treasure Island
Its a Very Merry Muppets Christmas movie
Muppets Take Manhattan
MUppets from Space
and Swamp Years

yeah Ashanti is .....well....okay, cute but i would have picked some one else. and who know's she must LOVE the muppets too if she chose to act with em!? right? :wink:
Queen, I also LOVE love love her, she sooo funny and sweet! :smile:

like i sayed before I give MWoO B+ :zany: