The Muppets Wizrad of Oz: ONE YEAR LATER

Dantagon

Reaction score
Either way, both groups can do better and have done better. Why they didn't do better this time I don't know.

The Whatevers

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
Disney can do better things but do they do better things? Personally, I think disney is slipping with the quality of their productions.
I realised that 10 years ago.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
I really like the movie, to be honest. I don't think the magic was lacking at all. To me, the Muppets have always been about two things - humor and heart. This movie was lacking in neither department.

My two biggest complaints are Ashanti and Quentin Tarantino.

Ashanti isn't a very good actress, for starters. And when she was acting with the Muppets, it just seemed like she didn't even believe that they were real. It literally felt like she was just talking to an inanimate object. Even when she talked to Aunt Em and Uncle Henry, I got that feeling.

Quentin Tarantino's cameo was unfunny and anti-climactic. I love the man's movies, but he cannot act, and I didn't see the point of having him in a Muppet movie.
I do think they coud have found a better actress then Ashanti.:boo:

People like Juliana Donald, Kevin Bishop, or Tim Curry were all acting like the Muppets were real.

dawningoftime

Reaction score
I think that some of the problem with the Muppet's Wizard of OZ, is that I don't know how many people have read the actual book. Most people probably know the story via the Judy Garland movie. The muppet version actually stuck with the book and frankly I don't like the book version. I also felt that some of the pop culture references were very forced.

Brinatello

Reaction score
dawningoftime said:
I think that some of the problem with the Muppet's Wizard of OZ, is that I don't know how many people have read the actual book. Most people probably know the story via the Judy Garland movie. The muppet version actually stuck with the book and frankly I don't like the book version. I also felt that some of the pop culture references were very forced.
Plus, the book is actually more darker and violent than I expected when I first read it! I happened to like the books; I managed to read all 14 of Baum's originals several years ago. As for Disney, they stuck very close to the second and third books for "Return to Oz" and it's become one of my favorite movies to this day. Maybe if the Muppets' version was close to that, or even like the quick version from "Muppet Babies," it probably would have done better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I keep saying I'll give it another chance on DVD, but I never do. Considering I haven't even seen KSY yet, dispite the fact I could get it for 6 bucks, Vs. MOZ 14.95 (money better spent on the ALF or ALFTales cartoon disks).

SOme of it was okay, some of it was wretchid. All and all, if the script and production went through a few more passes and rewrites, it would have been a bit more enjoyable. And Ashanti couldn't act if her butt was on fire and that was the only thing that put it out. I know that makes no sense, but you can't blaime me, after seeing that.