The Muppets Wizrad of Oz: ONE YEAR LATER

Stulz

Reaction score
Mwoz

I just rewatched the DVD version and it was better then I rememberd.
Def worth a secord viewing if you haven't seen it since last year.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I do agree that the Muppets WoO was missing something, hard to put you're finger on it.

I thought the same thing of It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas movie, although for my personal say, I like IAVMMCM a little more that MWoO. I didn't really like how many pop culture refs were in either as well, I mean I don't mind a few, but there was way too many in both movies. I have a little bit of a hard time wacthing the part in IAVMMCM dvd with Fozzie trying to get to the bank before 6 PM, man that was way too many pop culture refs at one time for me.

Another thing about MWoO DVD is I thought the EM bands voices were way off, besides Zoot, but he didn't even really talk. At least he sounded like Zoot, that's cause Dave was still in there, of course.

jediX

Reaction score
I still can't make it through the movie without falling asleep halfway through. Sometimes chronic fatigue can be a good thing. :wink:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Well I TRIED to watch the dvd but after a few minutes I still wasn't satisfied. So I just watched IAVMMCM which is (in my opinion) better than Oz. I will TRY to watch it this afternoon...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Muppets' Wizard of Oz is decent I think. There are some good parts, and there are some not-so-good parts. Actually in a previous post a user mentioned how this is the one Muppet movie that they haven't watched a million times... and I agree. I haven't really watched a lot either. Actually I was just thinking about watching it again today, I'll probably watch it soon.

One thing I DID like about this movie was Scooter's presence. He had a decent-sized role and his pupeteer did a wonderful job with the voice and everything (Brian Henson's version of the character sounded like it FIT with the character, but it just wasn't Richard Hunt)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Muppet Matt said:
Why is the DVD so much better?
The DVD has deleted scenes that were not on tv. And not just as a special feature. The scenes are actually in the movie, but they just got cut out of the tv release

rexcrk

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
The DVD has deleted scenes that were not on tv. And not just as a special feature. The scenes are actually in the movie, but they just got cut out of the tv release

Kind of like Lord of the Rings with the Extended Editions :big_grin: