1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The New Am I The Only One Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by MikaelaMuppet, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who HATES hashtags?

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I don't like them either.

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

#ohyeahthey'remadannoyinglikeseriouslyidothemasajokesometimeslikei'mdoingrightnowbutforchristsakesomepeoplejustoverdothemit'slikeshutupyouaren'tallthatandabagofchips

4. LittleJerry92

Am I the only one who honestly gets kinda peeved when people use the word "triggered" as another term for "offended"?

Like, if you're just joking around I'm fine with that. But actually saying "This triggers me and I need a safe space! Wahhh!" In a serious matter gets on my nerves because these idiots are trying to act like the little first world problems that bug them are pretty much the end of the world for them, when there's war veterans or rape victims or just anyone who's been in a serious incident who have PTSD and actually have trigger moments because certain things can cause bad flashbacks.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  5. ErinAardvark

No, you aren't the only one.

6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

UGH, yes! I've hated the "triggered" meme ever since it first started.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I honestly just ignore them. I didn't even know what a hashtag was for the longest time because I never had Twitter up till last year, and even then, hashtags weren't something you normally saw on Facebook.

8. Pig's Laundry

I see hashtags as useful tools for quickly getting caught up with recent major news.

9. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

#hashtagssuck.
    I'll even do you one better. Back in June around Father's Day, Dunkin' Donuts had special donuts that said "#1 Dad". Your Dad is Number One, get it?
    I'm getting my coffee and some kid wnts to know,
    "What does hashtag 1 Dad mean?"
    Facepalm, please.

10. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Somebody's TRIGGERED

11. D'Snowth

Seriously? Oy.

12. Pig's Laundry

Don't make me eat you.

13. D'Snowth

He's not jokin' around, he'll do it! He eats like a freakin' pig!

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  14. Pig's Laundry

A pig? Please. I eat like a HOG.

15. D'Snowth

Six of one, half-a-dozen of another.

16. ErinAardvark

Oh brother!
    *hits head against the wall until there's a hole in it big enough for a Mack truck to go through*

17. D'Snowth

Does anyone besides me feel like this seems like an animation we'd see on SST in the 70s?

I also feel like it would end up "banned" after parents write in a complain that it might let kids think it's okay to let strangers take them away somewhere.

18. LittleJerry92

The animation does scream it a bit, and the melody kinda sounds like a Joe Raposo-composed theme.....

19. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Triggered.
    Oh by the way I go best with gravy, mashed potatoes and Apple sauce

20. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks Lucy from the Despicable Me movies looks a lot like Pearl from Steven Universe?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Don't they look very much alike?