The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gray-and-brown slush
A lady friend of mine from Minnesota literally has this exact same complaint!
May: . . . plants start to bloom
Seriously? Everything's already been blooming for two months down here; we're in the phase now where everything is sickeningly retina-burning lime green. :stick_out_tongue:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Seriously? Everything's already been blooming for two months down here; we're in the phase now where everything is sickeningly retina-burning lime green. :stick_out_tongue:
Oops, I meant to put it under April. I'll go back and change it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has the irrational fear that if I change my avatar on here no one will recognize me?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, you're really not, and I speak from both sides of the aisle. I've confused people in the past whenever I'd change my av, but conversely, there apparently was a period where I was changing my av so much, people were commenting on how strange it was that I actually kept a certain one after so long.

At the same time, I'm also guilty of almost instantly recognizing members by their avs, and, well, yes, if you changed yours (particular if it wasn't a tiny little piggy), I'd probably not realize it's you at first.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'll be honest, there are members that changed their "faces" and I didn't recognize them for months. I'd be thinking, i wonder where that old member went. That new member is pretty great though! Only to realize they're the same person.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm good for an avatar change once every few months... I come from forums where people change their usernames all the time, which is 10x worse.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yes. Back in the old days of MC, the only way you could change your user name is if you put in for a request to Phil, which he would then either allow or disallow, or you had to create an entirely new account, which Phil and Ed frowned on.

Once they allowed for username changes (albeit with a limit of three changes), so many members he began abusing that feature, it got incredibly confusing!

This is also a major problem with Discord as well, but at the same time, it does have an advantage, because it allows you to change your name on different servers so that if one fandom recognizes you by one name, you can use that name on that particular server, without necessarily having to use it for other servers.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This is also a major problem with Discord as well, but at the same time, it does have an advantage, because it allows you to change your name on different servers so that if one fandom recognizes you by one name, you can use that name on that particular server, without necessarily having to use it for other servers.
Woah! I didn't know that. I literally have a different username on every social media platform and the only thing my discord name is shared with is my Wii U username (lol), so that'll come in handy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ve been there. I usually keep mine to Little Jerry consistency.