The New Gig

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think this was the best chapter yet! I love how everything is coming together and I hope that things get better for everyone all around! I also like how you went through Kermit and Rowlf's history going back to the Jimmy Dean show. That was very, very cool!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The garbage dump where Oscar the grouch spotted the bus was in the middle of nowhere. Not only did everything in the dump smell, but it was dark and frightening. Who knows what lurked out in the dump. Beauregard's cab pulled into the dump. After a few minutes the Muppets found the Electric Mayhem bus, in a corner of the garbage dump. It was the only car around and it looked empty without the rest of the Muppets in it.

"Okay Beau, stop here." Kermit said.

Beauregard kept on driving.

"Stop here Beau." Kermit ordered.

Beauregard kept on driving.

"Right here Beauregard." Kermit said.

And with that, the cab stopped. Beau looked at Kermit and Fozzie who were sitting in the front seat. Rowlf, Bunsen, Beaker, Link, and Clifford were in the back seat.

"Did you want me to stop here or what?" asked Beau.

Kermit shook his head.

"Yes Beau this is fine." Kermit responded.

"Okie dokie." Beau said.

They all got out of Beaus cab and walked up to the bus.

"She looks like she's lonely." said Rowlf.

"The doors are open." said Clifford.

"I have no idea why I'm here anyway?" Link questioned.

"Because you've been in the bathroom all day trying to comb your hair. We only have one full bathroom and a half bathroom. People gotta get in there." Clifford said.

"I had to get my hair just right, and I still couldn't get it right after spending 11 hours in the bathroom." Link said. "Now I have to wear this cowboy hat which makes me look stupid just because my hair is a mess."

"Even without the cowboy hat you still would have looked dumb." Clifford added.

Kermit looked around inside the bus to find the keys. He couldn't.

"Anybody know how to hotwire this thing?" Kermit asked.

"Ah, that's where we come in." Bunsen Honeydew said. "My assistant Beaker will handle this. Beaker if you please."

"Meemeemeemee" Beaker said.

"Yes Beakie, go up there and hot wire the bus. It won't go on its own you know." Bunsen said.

Beaker got in the bus and started to touch different wires together to get the bus started.

"Meeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Beaker yelled as he got electricuted when he touched two wires together.

"Stop fooling around Beaker. We don't have time for games." Bunsen said.

Beaker just gave Bunsen a long "I hate you look" and got back to work.

"You'd think Beaker would leave Bunsen for putting him in all sorts of danger." Fozzie whispered to Kermit.

Finally Beaker got the bus started. Everyone cheered.

Rowlf searched around the outside of the bus and found the keys.

"I found the keys right by the front tires. Um, sorry Beaker." Rowlf said.

Beaker gave Bunsen another stare and shook his head.

"Mee mee mee meee....." Beaker said to himself.

"Okay Fozzie, drive us home." Kermit ordered.

"Ahhh....yes sir!" Fozzie repsonded.

"Ya get us home." Beau chimed in.

"Uh Beau, what are you doing on the bus?" questioned Kermit.

"I'm riding with you guys to get home." Beau said.

"You have your cab to drive back." Kermit said.

"Oh ya, I forgot." Beauregard responded. "Oopsy!"

Beauregard got off of the bus and headed back to his cab.

"And while you're at it, take some of George's pills when we get home. I think you need some." Kermit said to Beau from the window.

The Electric Mayhem bus and Beaus cab drove off out of the dump and headed back to the boarding house.

ryan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
As for regarding lesser known characters such as Lips, as far as I'm concerned he his the 6th member of the Electric Mayhem. Having a trumpet in the band is great and goes with Zoot playing the saxaphone.
That's right! Now go and tell the people at the Muppets Holding Company that so that we will be sure to see Lips in some future productions soon! :attitude:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Heh, Link was pretty funny! And Beaker was great! And so was Beauregard! Another great chapter, can't wait for more!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The Mayhem bus along with Beauregards cab pulled up to the boarding house.

"They're back everybody." exclaimed Robin.

Kermit and company walked into the boarding house. All the Muppets looked at Kermit to see what he was about to do next, if anything, to get the Electric Mayhem back.

"From what Rowlf told me, it seems that the Electric Mayhem are over their heads. It looks like they will need our help to get out of the deal they made with this Zwellen character." Kermit said to all the Muppets looking at him.

"Si what are we going to do, okay? asked Pepe.

"Ya, I don't want this to be a mission where we don't come back alive." exclaimed Pops.

"Her de vus verne no dies." said Swedish Chef.

"Quiet everyone, quiet please." demanded Kermit. "I think tomorrow morning we should get up and go down to where the band is and get them back."

"Clever plan Kermie." said Piggy.

"I got a question." Johnny said.

"Quiet everyone, Johnny Fiammi has a question!" yelled Sal.

"Thanks Sal." said Johnny. "What if the Electric Mayhem don't want to come back? It's not like they left in good terms with you."

"Good question Johnny." Sal said. "Hey everyone, didn't Johnny have a good question?"

Harry had enough of Sal and threw some tnt to him and blew him to the kitchen.

"Ha ha ha ha.....Harry blows annoying monkey away!" said a happy Harry.

"Harry, cut that out." ordered Kermit. "To answer your question, I don't know. I would hope they would want to come back.

"I got a question Kerm." said Clifford. "Are we just going to walk in and get the band? Do you think this Zwellen guy has security that is going to throw us out?"

"I really don't know." said Kermit.

"I got a plan. Once we get into the building, I'll throw my boomerang fish at the guards and distract them while you all go in and get the band." said Lew.

"Thanks Lew but I don't think it's going to be that dangerous." said Kermit.

"Good because if it was I would have made up an excuse to get out of this rescue opperation.' said Pops.

"I think I would have join you." Bobo said to Pops.

"I think I would have stayed behind and try to fix my hair." said Link.

"Not tee hair again. Vut is it vit you an tee hair Link? questioned Strangepork.

"This is the kind of thing that made America strong by having everybody unite and come together." said Sam. "It's times like these that being an American is truly great."

"Aww how cute." replied Bean.

"That last remark is not American." said Sam.

"Geez, sorry if I offended your feathers." Bean said.

"Well alright everybody let's get a good nights sleep." ordered Kermit.

"That's right eveyrbody, Kermit said to get a good nights sleep, so let's move it along people." ordered Scooter.

"Scooter?" questioned Kermit.

"Well it worked for Sal yelling out when Johnny had something. Sorry boss." answered Scooter who frowned a little.

"Ya, because by tomorrow we're going to leave this place and say "let's go get Gonzo." said Beauregard.

"Um, Beau, I'm right here." said Gonzo.

"Oh right, I was thinking of Muppets From Space." said Beau. "Sorry!"

"Now that was a horrible movie." Piggy remarked.

"Hey I thought it was a classic." said Gonzo.

"We spent most of the budget on the opening title." said Fozzie. "Not a good business move if you ask me."

"Can we save this discussion for later and go to bed." questioned Kermit.

"Sorry Kermit." said Fozzie and Gonzo.

"Sorry Kermie." said Piggy.

And with that, the Muppets went to bed.

ryan

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I quite literally fell on the floor because I was laughing so hard. Took me a minute to get up, too. This scene is just so... Muppety! I love Johnny and Sal, and Crazy Harry, and Scooter, and Beauregard! Oh, extra hugs on Beauregard! And then they went and started discussing Muppets from Space, and... <falls down laughing again>

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The next morning the Muppets got up, ate breakfast, and left. The Electric Mayhem bus pulled right next to the building where Ed Zwellen's office was. Sweetums, being to big and all, rode on top of the bus.

The Muppets hopped out of the bus and went inside the building. The building was full of people. Towards the left was several televisions mounted in the wall where people were watching the stock market. Also were a few small businesses by the television screens. To the right and behind the reception desk were 8 elevators. They walked up to a lady, about 30 in age, at the reception desk.

"Can I help you?" asked the woman at the reception desk.

"Ed Zwellen's office please." asked Kermit.

"Do you have an appointment." questioned the lady.

"No, not exactly." said Kermit.

"I'm sorry but Mr. Zwellen is busy. You have to call and make an appoitment with him." said the woman.

Sweetums finaly walked inside the building. He joined his friends. The woman at the reception desk looked at Sweetums, frightened of him.

"Um, is he with you?" asked the lady who was refering to Sweetums.

"Yes he is." said Kermit.

"Will he get angry?" questioned the woman.

"Only if you don't let us get to Zwellen's office. He can get quite fussy if he doesn't get his way." Kermit responded.

"He's on the 57th floor." said the lady.

"Why thank you." said Kermit.

The muppets walked past the lady and headed towards the elevators, except for Pepe.

"Say miss, are you single? Because Pepe would like to take you out to dinner and possibly get to know you a little more intimately if you get my drift, okay? said Pepe.

"Pepe!!!" yelled Kermit. "Stop seducing women!"

"Gotta go, but think about what I said. I'll be back for you later." Pepe said.

The woman looked at Pepe and shook her head.

"So how'd it go?" asked Clifford.

"Oh she wants me. They all want a piece of Pepe." exclaimed Pepe.

"You're a pretty sick prawn, you know that don't you?" said Clifford.

Some of the Muppets got in one elevator and the others got in another elevator. They all headed to the 57th floor.

Back in Zwellen's office, the Electric Mayhem were in a meeting with Zwellen.

"You want us to do what?" questioned Dr. Teeth.

"Country rap. It's pretty hot with the young crowd." exclaimed Zwellen.

"Country rap is hip? Man I must be getting old." Floyd remarked.

"No way we're going to do this thing." said Lips. "We don't sing that stuff."

"Well whether you like it or not, you're going to sing it." said Zwellen.

"Why because we're under a contract?" yelled a furious Dr. Tetth.

"Yes you are. You're under my contract and you do exactly what I tell you to do." Zwellen yelled back at Dr. Teeth.

"Like this is a total drag." said Janice. "It was bad enough when we couldn't sing at the Muppet theater but at least when we did Kermit would let us sing out songs when he got around to us."

"If you want to get out of this you can, but you have to go to jail for breech of contract." Zwellen added.

"Oh man, that's heavy." said Floyd.

"I think I need to go back to sleep. This whole reality thing ain't working for me." Zoot said.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!" yelled a frustrated Animal.

"You better get your drummer away from me." said Zwellen.

Meanwhile, Kermit and company arrived on the 57th floor. They got out of the elevator and walked towards Zwellen's office only to be stopped by Bryan and Ryan, Zwellen's two goons.

"Stop right there." demanded Bryan.

"You're not supposed to be up here. We're calling security." said Ryan.

Piggy got an idea. She walked up and tried to play cool with the two assistants.

"Oh boys, it seems to me you've been working too hard in this big ol office." said Piggy trying to seduce Bryan and Ryan. "Why don't you take the day off and take me somewhere and spoil me."

"Ughhh...spoil you, a pig?" said Bryan

"What we need to do is spoil you with a diet. You're looking flabby around the stomach." added Ryan.

"You two are in big, big trouble." said Kermit.

"I'd run for my life if I were you." added Scooter.

Piggy got angry and karate chopped and "hi yaaad" Bryan and Ryan to the other side of the office. Both men hit the wall.

"Nobody tells me to lose weight." Piggy remarked.

Back at Zwellen's office as the converstation continues....

"Get Animal away from you? He's not going to do anything." said Janice.

"What are you going to do, sue us if he bites you?" Dr. Teeth yelled at Zwellen.

"I'd pin you 6 down to the floor so hard that it would take 50 years before you have a parole hearing." Zwellen said.

Suddenly Zwellen's doors slammed open.

"Nobody talks to my friends that way." said an angry Kermit.

The band couldn't believe that Kermit and the rest of the Muppets were right there.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Kermit the frog." remarked Zwellen. "There is nothing you can do for your friends. They're mine now."

"That's the same kind of nonsense you told me when I was working for you." Rowlf said.

Everybody looked at Rowlf. They couldn't believe he had worked for Zwellen.

"Rowlf the dog. I should have known you'd be here." remarked Zwellen.

"Rowlf, you worked for Zwellen." asked Dr. Teeth.

"Unfortunately I did." replied Rowlf. "It was 1990, when everything went bad for us. I decided to take the time to explore other things so I decided to work with Zwellen at Cartier records to get new singers and bands under the label."

"That explains why you told me you wanted to have a cameo in the Muppet Christmas Carol and in Muppet Treasure Island." said Kermit.

"Hold on a minute, there were two Muppet movies after the Manhatten movie? I always thought Muppets From Space was the first movie after the Manhatten movie." said Scooter. "Why did somebody not tell me this?"

"Yeesh, we'll save that discusion for another time." said Kermit.

"Along with the dreadful Muppets From Space movie discussion." added Piggy.

"I tell you that movie was a classic!" Gonzo said trying to give his opinion.

"Uh guys, like we're in the middle of something here." said Janice.

"Sorry Janice." said Piggy and Gonzo.

"And I thought I said useless things that did not add to the plot of the story, like people taking pictures of me naked in the back of alleys." said Janice.

The Muppets looked at Janice.

"Like sorry!" Janice said.

Rowlf continued with his story.

"That is also why I wasn't in Muppets Tonight either. I was busy here." Rowlf said.

"What Happened." Kermit said.

"Why did you quit Rowlf?" asked Floyd.

"I got tired of Zwellen's attitude. It wasn't about trying to find good talent anymore. It was about money and not quality and whoever could sell the most records would be a star despite having songs that were horrible, to me anyway." said Rowlf. "He couldn't do anything to me since I wasn't under contract, so I walked out."

"What a great story. Glad I could be apart of it. But if you please, get out of my office now. My band and I were having a meeting." Zwellen said.

Bryan and Ryan came running in the office and stood right next to Zwellen.

"Boys, call security up here. I want these things thrown in jail." said Zwellen.

At the same time, Harry had wrapped explosives around Zwellen, Bryan, and Ryan. Kermit looked at Harry and nodded.

"Harry do your thing." Kermit replied.

Suddenly Harry blasted Zwellen, Bryan, and Ryan, out of the office.

"Where'd you send them Harry." questioned Kermit.

"Some place very far." Harry responded.

"Evil men go bye bye! said Animal.

Kermit then turned his attention to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

"Dr. Teeth, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that i couldn't get you guys into the show. I'm sorry I treated you all badly. I should have known better." said Kermit.

"Kermit's regretted his decision ever since. He's been depressed and even quit the show." said Piggy.

"Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Animal, I can't undo the mistakes I made in the past. I can only learn from them, move on, and improve so that I don't repeat those mistakes again." said Kermit. "I can't guarantee you'll be in every show, but I will make you room for you guys. You will be in the show playing your own music and doing what you guys do best, which is rocking the audience to your music. What do you say?"

Kermit put his hand out asking for forgiveness. Dr. Teeth looked at the band. they all nodded.

"Looks like we're back." exclaimed Dr. Teeth.

Dr. Teeth shook Kermits hand and then hugged him. Sam looked over at Bean.

"You can say it now." Sam said to Bean.

"Awww, how cute." Bean replied.

"Thanks for coming for us." whispered Dr. Teeth.

"I had to get the rest of my family back." Kermit whispered back to Dr. Teeth.

And with that the Muppets got out of the office. They exited the building and approached the Mayhem bus.

"Our bus? Why is it parked here." questioned Floyd.

"We got a call saying that the bus was at the dump." said Fozzie.

"Zwellen that rat. He said the bus will be in the parking lot for us to use if we wanted to ride in it when we're not in the limo." said Dr. Teeth.

"At least he didn't take my saxaphone to the dump. My precious saxaphone." Zoot said while holding on to his saxaphone tightly.

Everybody looked at Zoot.

"Okay I'll stop watching those Lord of the ring movies. Geez..." exclaimed Zoot.

"Come on doc, let's get in the bus and take us home." Kermit said.

"Easier done then said frog." Dr. Teeth joked.

And with that, the Muppets got on the bus and Dr. Teeth drove everybody back to the boarding house.

As for Zwellen, Bryan and Ryan, they finally came falling down in a field. They gathered themselves and looked around and saw several Lions around them.

"Ahhh!! Nice kitty." said Bryan.

"Do any of you want to negotiate a contract?" asked Zwellen.

"I think we're dead." said Ryan.

And with that, we leave Zwellen, Bryan and Ryan with the lions.

The next night, the Muppets were putting on another show at the theater. Kermit walked out on stage.

"Hi ho and welcome again to the Muppet show. We have got a great show lined up for you tonight." Kermit said happily. "And this is a special show because our special guest stars tonight are the Electric Mayehm!"

The audience clapped and cheered.

"So let's get things started with.......Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, yaaaa!!!!!!!!" screamed a thrilled Kermit.

The curtains rose up to reveal the Electric Mayhem. The play "Hello Goodbye" by the Beatles.

"You say yes, I say no.
You say stop and I say go go go, oh no.
You say goodbye and I say hello." sang Dr. Teeth.

"Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello." sang Janice.

"I say high, you say low.
You say why and I say I don't know, oh no.
You say goodbye and I say hello." sang Floyd.

"Hello hello
hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye
I say goodbye." Sang Floyd.

"(Hello goodbye hello goodbye)
(Hello goodbye)
(Hello goodbye hello goodbye)
(Hello goodbye)
(Hello goodbye)" sang Zoot who overlaps with Floyd and the lyrics he sang.

Animal has a drum beak and plays the drums.

"Why why why why why why do you say goodbye goodbye, oh no?" sang Lips.

"You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello." sang Dr. Teeth.

"You say yes" sang Floyd.
"(I say yes)." sang Zoot who overlaps with Floyd.
"I say no." sang Floyd.
"(But I may mean no). sang Zoot who overlaps with Floyd.
"You say stop." sang Floyd.
"(I can stay)" sang zoot still overlapping with Floyd.
"And I say go go go." sang Floyd.
"(Till it's time to go oh)." sang Zoot overlapping with Floyd.
"Oh no." sang Floyd.

"You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello." sang Janice.

"Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello." sang Lips.

"Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hellooohohohooohohohooo." sang Dr. Teeth.

Suddenly the lights went off for a few seconds. The lights then went back on to reveal all the Muppets with the Electric Mayhem.

"Hela heba helloa
Hela heba helloa, cha cha cha
Hela heba helloa, wooo
Hela heba helloa, hela
Hela heba helloa, cha cha cha
Hela heba helloa, wooo
Hela heba helloa, cha cah cah." sang all the Muppets.

The song ended and the audience clapped and cheered including Statler and Waldorf.

THE END

ryan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow! That was a great story! I liked Sweetums on top of the bus, althouhg I would hav ethought that he could fit, and I liked the comments about scooter not knowing about the muppet movies from the early 1990s.

:cool:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<standing ovation>

EXCELLENT STORY! I loved the part where Sweetumes walks in, and the receptionist gets all scared. And then Pepe tries to hit on her, and then Clifford... and that's funny! And I love Kermit's and Scooter's reactions to Bryan and Ryan saying Miss Piggy needed to lose weight. And I love Kermit busting in, "Nobody talks to my friends that way!" Aw, I wanna hug him! And I guess you've explained where Rowlf has been for the past fifteen years- getting out of Zwellen's grip. And then Dr. Teeth and Kermit make up, and they hug, and I LOVE Sam and Bean's lines! And Dr. Teeth and Kermit- "Thanks for coming for us" "I had to get the rest of my family back" - Awwwwwwww! Somebody hand me a tissue... And then they live happily ever after! I love how you ended it, it's beautiful!!!

...oh, but now I can't beg for more... hm... ENCORE! ENCORE!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That was a great ending!!!! I like how you had Rowlf working for Zwellen to explain his absence from recent Muppet productions. I loved Janice's line about always being the last one talking. I liked the whole chapter and I think you wrapped up the story well. It was a great story, you should keep writing!