1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The New Henson.com

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Stulz, Oct 7, 2004.

1. The Storyteller

The Storyteller New Member

9/11 was relesed(spelling?) by Lions Gate Films, IFC Films, Dog Eat Dog Films, and Adventure Group Co. Personally I see why the Jim Henson Company sold the Muppets, it was a smart "Finacial" move, but many fans are still upset. But this gives them money to work on other projects such as Farscape, Mirrormask, etc. Now about 911, I like the film(but that's because I hate Pres. Bush). I love Michael Moores films, Roger and Me, Bowling for Columbine, Farenhiet(Spelling?) 911 there all good.
  2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Teenage sex films (which is such a stupid term) will always be made and there is no reason to get all mad about it. As long as they are not shown on Nick Jr. or Disney Playhouse, why do you care Mark? We live in this country called the United Stes of America where people have freedom of expression and speech. So, if someone wants to make a "teenage sex film" they are allowed to. You do not need to go watch it. And 9/11 exposed clips of the president saying stuff we never saw. You can ignore the voice over and just watch the clips are realize some bad stuff was going down with this administration. Iraq didn't attack us, they had no weapons, and Saddam was actually losing power and becoming less of a threat. Bush took it upon himself to attack Iraq and sent the country into chaos. He actually made it a breeding ground for more terrorists you idiot.

Now I didn't read all of your posts because they are long, boring, and pointless, but I did see those 2 points about "teenage sex films" (you old sad man) and 9/11.
  3. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

The Henson kids saved the company from being sold to Classic Media, which would have been the end of the Muppets. They took a huge beating on the EMTV deal because the stock dropped so low and that's what they were mostly paid with. When they bought the company back, they were in a lot of debt, and no longer had Sesame Street to provide some cash flow. So they saved the Muppets and did what Jim Henson wanted and sold them to Disney. It might not work out in the end, but it was the best move they could make...how can we fault them?

The new Henson site is a good representation of the company, but I wish the creature shop would make their site cooler. That will probably come soon, hopefully! :)
  4. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I cannot see the main page

What do I need to install in order to see it and where do I get it?

What does the site look like now?

Are there any pictures in the Muppet/Sesame Street/Bear sections?
  5. Ok, lets not bring politics into this form, it just upsets people.
    1st: I would like to answer for some people that, no you proboly wont find things like The Muppets/Sesame/and Bear on the new site in that they are not owned by Henson.
    2nd: I think we should give Disney a chance because Henson was doing squat with the Muppets before they was sold, if Disney doesn't do anything that we didn't loose anything, but wait, Disney is doing Wizard of Oz, so Disney is doing something! Compare MTI and MCC to MFS. MTI and MCC were done with the help of Disney, and I LOVE those movies, alot more than MFS.
    3rd: Don't go bashing Fraggles saying "they only put them on the site because Disney wouldn't buy them" that is just mest up. Henson, I think is planning something to do with them! I mean we have Plushes, Toys, A 2005 wall Callander, uno comming, and DVD's including season boxed sets.
    I think some people for some reason, must have had a crappy up bringing that makes them so nagative that they cant seem to fine one thing possative in this world!
    Ty :excited:
  6. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

The wizard of Oz was in the works before the Disney/Henson deal and was going to happen anyway, Henson was doing things with them.
  7. muppet maniac

It's really sad that I click muppets and the only info i get is that Disney bought them and I click Sesame Street and the only real ifo I get is that Sesame Workshop bought them. I mean, we are talking about decades of work and the first creations of Jim Henson, and all we get are links to other sites? Can't they at least give some history or something? And Kermit has been taken away from the Henson Compnay logo it seems. And it looks like the can not call the fraggle muppets. The word Muppet not being used on a Henson site is very very wrong.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well.......
    From the old Henson.com sites:

THE MUPPET SHOW:
    http://web.archive.org/web/19980204010311/www.henson.com/television/tv_series_muppet.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20010212013638/www.henson.com/television/series/tv_series_mupshow.html

SESAME STREET:
    http://web.archive.org/web/19980204010214/www.henson.com/television/tv_series_sesame.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20001219...television/series/tv_series_sesamestreet.html

BEAR IN THE BIG BLUE HOUSE:
    http://web.archive.org/web/19980204005357/www.henson.com/television/tv_series_bear.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20010210222207/www.henson.com/television/series/tv_series_bear.html

MUPPET BABIES:
    http://web.archive.org/web/19980204005845/www.henson.com/television/tv_series_babies.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20001216062200/www.henson.com/television/series/tv_series_mupbabies.html

MUPPETS TONIGHT:
    http://web.archive.org/web/19980204005455/www.henson.com/television/tv_series_tonight.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20001004094514/www.henson.com/television/series/tv_series_muptonight.html
  8. muppet maniac

What other stuff has been taken down from the site-other than the five I posted?
  9. alizakaila

alizakaila New Member

muppet.com site

muppet.com site has been launched
  10. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly New Member

hey... good point.
    that saddens me, excuse me while i silently weep in the corner. :(
  11. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

Wiggy: "you idiot."

THAT IS JUST FINE :mad:

I have disagreements but I never insult, but as long as the world's soldiers are being killed by terrorists I will take my gloves off with you!

"Teenage sex films (which is such a stupid term) will always be made and there is no reason to get all mad about it. As long as they are not shown on Nick Jr. or Disney Playhouse, why do you care Mark?"

Because it is more garbage in our society. More promiscuity and drug use and drinking and driving and irresponsibility. That is today's Disney with their spinoff companies.

"So, if someone wants to make a "teenage sex film" they are allowed to. You do not need to go watch it. "

And I am allowed to speak against it.

"And 9/11 exposed clips of the president saying stuff we never saw. You can ignore the voice over and just watch the clips are realize some bad stuff was going down with this administration."

We needed a Clinton movie showing what Clinton did with Monica in the same White House. YOU IDIOT.

"Iraq didn't attack us, they had no weapons, and Saddam was actually losing power and becoming less of a threat."

Tell that to the victims families of 911 you IDIOT. I don't care how many posts you have. Get off the forum and go live in Afghanistan.

"Bush took it upon himself to attack Iraq and sent the country into chaos. He actually made it a breeding ground for more terrorists you idiot."

Democracy isn't easy, you fool. You fool. YOU FOOL!

"Now I didn't read all of your posts because they are long, boring, and pointless, but I did see those 2 points about "teenage sex films" (you old sad man) and 9/11."

YOU SAD AND IGNORANT LITTLE B***ASTARD! Stupid, treasonous brat. Terrorist sympathizing creep! GO to h***ll!

See, I can insult too!!!!!!!! :D :mad:
  12. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

OK-a what does this have to do with the new Website
  13. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i like the new site but i guess i missed the Teenage Sex Link n there i'll have visit again LOL :halo:
  14. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

I don't know. Maybe you should ask him why he calls me an "idiot" and an "old sad man."

I was just looking around in the threads and find these insults. I am an honest guy. I admitted to Luke in the "muppets.com" thread that I was surprised by how good the Disney Muppets site was. I can admit to people that they were right sometimes, but I never insult and Luke never insults either. I always say we have different views and even my own view is my own so not take me so serious but can I ask you this:

Who likes to be insulted so many times??? :D

I insult you right back Wiggy :grouchy:

Have some respect for the soldiers of the world in stupid Iraq at Christmastime :mad:
  15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Look. I can't stand Michael Moore either, but I do not understand what he or teenage sex films have to do with Disney buying the Muppets or the new Henson.com.

Wait, they DON'T.

The last thing we need this to be is another pathetic Internet political thread. Especially when everything you are saying is irrelevant to the topic. :rolleyes:
  16. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor New Member

Gang,
    I have not red every page of this thread so I am kind of not up to speed on the political nature of what goes on here.

Having a Wife in the Army I find a good deal of this offensive, and I think you all should understand that 9/11 has little to do with our involvement in Iraq. Weather or not you agree with it you might at least support our president, because he is still the leader of the FREE world don’t forget that. And you might support our troops, because there are our men, women, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends and lovers who are fighting for Freedom.

The Muppets have always been political in some way using this space for political slander is over the top.

With Great change comes great opportunity that is the case with the Muppet / Disney merger. As for Henson.com, you have got to understand that Disney owns the Muppets now; Henson sold the name and the characters to Disney. So there is a separation between the 2, and I actually think it is a good idea.

When Jim died the company under went major changes, all of which were for the better. Before every one was doing every thing, performers were directing, writing, building, and also running the company. After Jim passed the company changed so that each group could focus on what it did best, and there would be others to run the company, and direct, and build, and the like. For a long time now Henson has struggled, and the Muppets have had a hard time getting back into the main stream. The last few major Muppet projects have, well lets face it missed the mark, Frank OZ even said so when referring to Muppets from Space.

So now The Jim Henson Company has the opportunity to work on more main stream films, and kind of drop the cute cuddly side of things. Disney who does cute and cuddly very well will pick up the Muppet characters, just as Sesame Street now owns there own characters as well. Frank OZ who is no longer performing has the ability to peruse directing and so on and so on. In this way if Henson runs into trouble, there is less danger that the Muppets will have to fade away, like wise Elmo will always be part of Sesame Street. :)
  17. christyb

christyb New Member

The muppets are cute and cuddly? Ok Elmo cute and cuddly, The Muppets well I don't think so. True the newest Muppet productions haven't quite hit par but in my opinion they were great. And Muppet Christmas Carol hit dead on as far as quality. However, as much as I hate it. Disney owning the Muppets is a good thing. They have a more secure future that way. But unless Disney improves the quality of their own stuff I don't see a bright future for Kermit and the Gang. I just see a repeat of Swamp Years. Which many here hate but I loved it. Like it or not change is happening and unless we want to see more we have to accept change for what it is. No matter who owns it though the Muppets will always be considered as Jim Henson's creations.
  18. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

"The last thing we need this to be is another pathetic Internet political thread. Especially when everything you are saying is irrelevant to the topic."

If you think that I am going to sit around and be insulted just because you want all the topics to be the same as the topic as when it first started, you can forget it.

Somebody insults me so I respond to it. What, do you think your computer will explode because we go off topic? It happens every day. If you want to talk about irrelevant," then how "relevant" are insults? :grouchy:

"Weather or not you agree with it you might at least support our president, because he is still the leader of the FREE world don’t forget that."

Yes, I agree with that. I hope you're not finding me offensive. Bush is not perfect but he is better than any terrorist. Bush also said we are in a different world after 911.

You guys won't catch me saying any criticism to the troops at Christmastime. Or any other time.

Barbeque an Iraqi terrorist for me :crazy: :D
  19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Kermit (and the other Muppets for that matter), were not taken from Jim Henson (or any of the other performers, creators, or workers). Kermit was seperated from The Jim Henson Company, not Jim Henson the man. No sale or deal with the Muppets can ever take Kermit from Jim (or Jim from Kermit)...ever. Just cause the Jim Henson Company is not the head of the Muppets does not mean the The Henson Company does not still work with and for the Muppets (cuase they do). The money is just going through Disney now, and final call is Disney's too. Jim Henson and the Muppets will always be hand and hand, for ever and ever. No ownership can change that.
  20. christyb

christyb New Member

:confused: uhh...I'm lost....Sorry???:confused:

(I'm referring to Mark Filton's last post)