The New Movie: The Muppets

RyRan75

Reaction score
I had read approximately this past Summer online, that Jason Segel was taking elements of Sondheim's "Follies" and Rodgers & Hart's "Babes in Arms" and incorporating them into the script as major plot points. Does this still hold true?

I think that elements of Sondheim's "Follies" would be a great starting point. Middle age couples returning to the theater of their 'heydey' for a reunion, and confronting ghosts of their past before the razing of the building. Pastiche, vaudeville style numbers are highlighted throughout the piece.

Muppet-ized versions of "Losing My Mind" and "Too Many Mornings"? I smell an Oscar (and not our green, grouchy friend).

dmoss

Reaction score
So, I'm confused...are there two movies, or just one under two different titles? I've seen both "Cheapest Movie Ever Made" & "Greatest Movie of All Time". Plus, they have separate pages on the Wiki, so I'm kind of lost...any help? :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Reports that Piggy will be Gaga-fied

I will be SO happy if Piggy returns to the movie as a diva, rather than a washed-up movie star (*frowns pointedly at MFS where she was a coffee-pig*) Gaga inspired? Me thinks Gaga was inspired by Piggy, not the other way around...

Thinks of Miss Piggy in the Telephone video. Make your own jokes, since I can't even reference them here.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Was anyone else fooled by the headline on ToughPigs today, or am I just an idiot?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Was anyone else fooled by the headline on ToughPigs today, or am I just an idiot?
You are SUCH an idiot!

...well no not really, but how can one resist such a set-up for a classic line?

Truth is the best April Fools' jokes are either ones that have some degree of plausibility (constent back and forth news of the new Muppet Movie mixed with the reworking of MV3D), or ones that are so completely obscure and out there that you really would have to smack yourself on the forehead coulda-had-a-V8-style if you fell for it. Or you just throw a pie as i do every year. The April Fool Trifecta.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
You are SUCH an idiot!

...well no not really, but how can one resist such a set-up for a classic line?

Truth is the best April Fools' jokes are either ones that have some degree of plausibility (constant back and forth news of the new Muppet Movie mixed with the reworking of MV3D), or ones that are so completely obscure and out there that you really would have to smack yourself on the forehead coulda-had-a-V8-style if you fell for it. Or you just throw a pie as i do every year. The April Fool Trifecta.
There are so many unnecessary remakes floating 'round Hollywood these days, I was kind of caught off guard.

I got the joke when it said that they were going to have :embarrassed: driving a Prius (did I spell that right?) and when I remembered that it was April Fools Day (I'm not so good at keeping track of days).

So, yes, I had a reason to be an idiot. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not me. I'm so jaded that the only way you can get me to fall for an April Fool's prank is to (heh heh) tell me REAL news and let me think it's a lie.