The New Movie: The Muppets

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
From BBC News:

Disney announce Monsters Inc sequel

Pixar's 2001 film Monsters Inc - about monsters who scare kids for a living - is to have a sequel, the Disney studio has announced.

The animated follow-up will be released on 16 November 2012, Disney chairman Rich Ross revealed.

Another Pixar film, The Bear and the Bow, is to renamed Brave and have its release put back from December 2011 to 15 June 2012.

Disney is also to make a new Muppets movie, Ross confirmed on Thursday.

The film, to be directed by Flight of the Conchords creator James Bobin, will introduce a new puppet character called Walter.

Featuring the voices of Billy Crystal and John Goodman, Monsters Inc made more than $525m (£342m) worldwide.

It is not known if its director Pete Doctor - who went on to make the Oscar-winning Up - will direct its sequel.

Featuring the voices of Reese Witherspoon and Billy Connolly, Brave tells of a Scottish princess who dreams of being an archer.

Set in 18th Century Scotland, Brenda Chapman's movie is the first Pixar feature to be directed by a woman.

Other future projects from Disney-Pixar include a retelling of the Winnie the Pooh story using hand-drawn animation and Frankenweenie, a stop-motion cartoon based on a story by Tim Burton.

Pixar release Toy Story 3 this summer, with a Cars sequel due in cinemas next year.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8639142.stm

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just wanna get these off our chests...

Disney announce Monsters Inc sequel

Pixar's 2001 film Monsters Inc - about monsters who scare kids for a living - is to have a sequel, the Disney studio has announced.

The animated follow-up will be released on 16 November 2012, Disney chairman Rich Ross revealed.
Uh... I really don't know how a sequel's gonna go... I mean, I've thoroughly enjoyed the Boom Comics Monsters Inc series, which works better than any sequel would in my eyes. And I really don't see how much more could happen in film form. Monsters Inc is one of my top three Pixar films... along with Up and the Incredibles. And I hear they were considering an Incredibles sequel... and I'd rather see what they're gonna do with that one.

Other future projects from Disney-Pixar include a retelling of the Winnie the Pooh story using hand-drawn animation and Frankenweenie, a stop-motion cartoon based on a story by Tim Burton.
Hmm... new Pooh, huh? I wonder if they're planning one closer to the original story, and I wonder if we're gonna have new character designs, or we're just gonna have the same ones. Plus, are they going to have the same voice actors they usually have? As for Frankenweenie... I'd really like to see a Tim Burton stop motion full feature version of that one. I rather dug the short film version. But somehow, if they're remaking Tim Burton movies in stop motion, I strongly suggest Beetlejuice. That movie is BEGGING for the NBX treatment.

And above all else...

Via ToughPigs: Disney announces the Muppet movie again, says they're "about to give the green light"...
About to be green lit is pretty good sounding to me. They aren't rushing this out, but they aren't really dragging their feet. Even the Fraggle Movie hasn't been green lit yet, and that scripts been around for YEARS. Years before this one. If it wasn't for the obvious marketing push (comics, plush toys... something's going down), I'd doubt they're even still considering it. but yeah... I'd like it to start filming already.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Hmm... new Pooh, huh? I wonder if they're planning one closer to the original story, and I wonder if we're gonna have new character designs, or we're just gonna have the same ones.
Hopefully they will try to get a little closer to the illustrations without completely re-designing the characters.

Plus, are they going to have the same voice actors they usually have?
From what I can get from both imdb and Wikipedia, the only returning cast member as of yet is Jim Cummings. It's rumored that there going to have Tom Kenny as Rabbit and Craig Furgeson (I do hope I spelled that right) as Owl.

As for Frankenweenie... I'd really like to see a Tim Burton stop motion full feature version of that one. I rather dug the short film version. But somehow, if they're remaking Tim Burton movies in stop motion, I strongly suggest Beetlejuice. That movie is BEGGING for the NBX treatment.
To which I say, ARE YOU CRAZY, MAN! As much as I like stop motion animation (and am ecstatic that that's the way they're doing Frankenweenie) remaking Beetlejuice in stop motion would not only bring on the wrath of many angry fans, but would be another unnecessary remake which Hollywood already has enough of!

Though I am open to the idea of a Beetlejuice SEQUEL in stop-motion. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score