The New Muppet Show Cast

tygerbug

Reaction score
I am a heterosexual guy. Just happen to be a big Rutles/Rutland Weekend Television fan. =)

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
if i remember correctly, you're a guy, right? if so, then...um, no. no offense, and well, it's the best offer i've had recently...but i'm not ready to switch sides just yet, thanks. heh...yeah, i actually have "The Rutles: All You Need is Cash" on DVD, just two over from Spinal Tap! (i keep 'em all alphabetical like...6th sense is between)
If you were a TRUE fan you would know that "Spinal Tap" does not go under the 'S' category but under 'T' for its true title "This Is Spinal Tap" It used to be a pain trying to track it down in video stores never knowing where they'd place it alphabetically--and then sometimes they'd throw me for a complete loop and put it in the music section!

I made a suggestion on an earlier thread (or maybe even this one) about making the new Muppet show more improvised like Christopher Guest movies. An Electric Mayhem special a la Spinal Tap or Rutles or Behind the Music would be an awesome step in the right direction for the new Muppets. Heck, if VH1 can do a BTM on Weird Al, surely the Muppets would be a good candidate.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Okay, I just had a rather bizzare thought...

I know someone in this thread earlier suggested bringing back Scooter and adding his twin sister Skeeter to the cast. The latter would be kind of impossible unless JHC wanted to make an adult Skeeter muppet and find someone suitable to perform her.

Then I found Chris Smigliano's MuppetFest pic on MC, the one with just about every Muppet character ever created on it (the one with poor Beaker being used as the staff for the banner). In it is has Scooter with Baby Skeeter sitting on his shoulders.

So immediately my mind pipes up, "What if they added Skeeter as Scooter's younger sister instead of his twin sister?"

I told you it was a bizzare idea.

-Kim

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I'd really like to see an adult Skeeter Muppet too. It would be interesting to know what happened to her when she grew up.

grail

Reaction score
heh...i was just messin' with ya...i dig the Rutles too...

Originally posted by GWGumby
If you were a TRUE fan you would know that "Spinal Tap" does not go under the 'S' category but under 'T' for its true title "This Is Spinal Tap" It used to be a pain trying to track it down in video stores never knowing where they'd place it alphabetically--and then sometimes they'd throw me for a complete loop and put it in the music section!
the reason mine is under "S" is putting it under "T" confused every person who went through my DVDs...it's the same reason i have "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Accross the 8th Dimension" under "B" instead of "A". i know where it's supposed to be, but i had so many people telling me i had it wrong, that i switched it just to shut them up. i may change it back someday, i dunno...

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I think it would be fun to give exisiting Muppets we don't know as well (or that don't get as much screen time) starring roles in a show. I mean, you won't going anywhere without Kermit or Piggy in there as well, but just like Muppets From Space focused on Gonzo, a new show could focus on Sal and Johnny or something like that. By the way, I love your avatar salmoto.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't want new characters, I know that. I like what we have already. The classic TMS family should be a focus, and incorporate some JHH and MT. Which one was Uboo by the way? The bird guy? I don't remember. At any rate, I want more focus on TMS characters than any other, but lots of Pepe, Sal, and Johnny incorporated. Lots more EM band. Kermit needs to be host again, and it so far hasn't seemed too popular to keep the show running in any other location than The Muppet Theater, so I think they need to return there.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is of course me thinking in terms of Disney now owns the Muppets, and can't incorporate Fraggles (which no longer exist as puppets) or SS.

rexcrk

Reaction score
This is my ideal Muppet cast:
Kermit
Gonzo
Fozzie
Sam the Eagle
Scooter
Rowlf
Statler & Waldorf
Swedish Chef
Bunsen and Beaker
Dr. Teeth
Janice
Zoot
Floyd
Animal
Sweetums
Rizzo
Johnny and Sal
Pepe
Bobo
Clifford
and smaller appearances by characters like Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, Piggy, Robin, Beauregard, and the Muppet Newsman.

jediX

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Which one was Uboo by the way? The bird guy? I don't remember.
He's an ape (presumably a gorilla) from JHH that was on Guerilla Television. Orangeish in color (if you go to the henson.com site then under JHH, there's a pic of him with Zondra and Chip). I presume you have some JHH on tape... ^_~