1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The NEW Nanny of Muppet Babies revealed...

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by mbmfrog, Feb 6, 2018.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Finally a video on the NEW version of Nanny for the Muppet Babies as her new voice actress is interviewed:

ryan19 likes this.
  2. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

1 second into the video and we already see the new Nanny's face.

Yooo..... not only are Skeeter and Scooter in the background, but also baby Sam and Sweetums, and I feel like above that is a picture of Baby Lew! (0:37)

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

The cast members have apparently also been announced.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

OMG Yes! Please let them make appearances, please, please, please.

As for Nanny's new voice, Jenny Slate seems like a very... Interesting choice. She's a casual, somewhat over the top comedian, in contrast to Nanny's original voice Barbara Billingsly who was literally famous for being motherly (she played Beaver's mom on Leave it to Beaver). But, i'm intrigued to see what direction Jenny and the writers take the character.

5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Jenny "Smellwether" Slate has kind of a squeaky, youthful voice to her, more like that of a teen or college-aged babysitter as opposed to a June Cleaver type. So I like the direction they're going with.

Also, Nanny seems to have ditched her trademark striped stockings, or at least varied her wardrobe beyond that. Notice the dragon pattern in the first shot, and airplanes in the next, which could relate to the theme of the episode. Reminds me of Miss Frizzle and her dresses. :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    ConsummateVs and Froggy Fool like this.
  6. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm actually really looking forward to this now; at first I was pretty skeptical but honestly this is better than what I thought it was going to be.

mr3urious likes this.
  7. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Member

I like the new take on Nanny. She represents a lot of the younger, college-aged nanny’s you see these days. And how about those funky leggings!

8. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

^ Came for the Muppet Babies comment, stayed to bask in the amazing Muppet rainbow of your avatar.

BEAR 2 likes this.