The New New Quote Thread

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Miss Piggy: "How Dare you try to calm me down with Cake! Gimme That Cake!"
--The Muppets Episode 2: Hostile Takeover--

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
JD Hansel: Today, in dogs biting their own tails, one Jim Henson production sued another Jim Henson production...sort of. Sesame Workshop sued STX. So it wasn't them suing the Henson company, that would be weird because the Happytime puppets were build in the same room as the Sesame puppets by the same company. Just think of the awkward tension in that room with Elmo eyeing the Happytime puppets. The issue was what STX did with the tagline "No Sesame all street" which I think we can all agree was a stupid tagline. I'm kinda glad STX got sued for this, just because people need to know that the Muppet name matters and when you throw the word Sesame around, you're gonna confuse people. Confusing people into thinking Sesame Workshop made something they didn't is gonna hurt Sesame and that's not okay.
Jarrod Fairclough: Here's my biggest issue with the whole thing: In that same conversation I had with the guy who worked on the film, he said Brian Henson made careful effort to make sure there were no Muppet references in the entire film. So if he doesn't want it, why is it okay for the marketing team to do it?
As I said in the article, don't crap on Jim's legacy for a cheep joke.
Steve Swanson: Which is why I'm kinda disappointed that STX won this.
Jarrod: Exactly. I have no issue with the film or with puppets swearing, Avenue Q I know very well, but "No Sesame all street" is just a cheep gag that doesn't need to be there. And it isn't indicative of what the film is.

cjd874

Reaction score
:batty:: "I, the Count, have forgotten how to count! This is terrible, horrible, abominable, and not so good."

---from the Sesame Street song "What Comes After Three?"

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Hoss Delgado: You sharpshooting me, Goodpudding?
Principal Goodvibes: Wha?
Hoss: Are you stepping in my cornflakes?
Goodvibes: No, I--
Hoss: Let me tell you something about stepping in someone else's cornflakes... It's a weird way to eat cornflakes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"You don't tug on Superman's cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger. And you don't mess around with Jim." ~ Jim Croce

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
JD Hansel asks Steve Swanson to give his opinion on the Happytime Murders trailer:
First of all, you clearly got Kevin Clash in that mix. We all heard that voice. (JD goes "Shh" 5 times) And what are those Muppet rabbits doing there? Do they have a couple left over from Tale of the Bunny Picnic? And silly string puppet ***! Is that where we really are? Silly string puppet ***? That prostitute's tongue was clearly a fake, I should know! And then on top of that, the ****in' FBI, so it's the ****in' FBI? (JD disconnects Steve's Skype to allow Jarrod to plug the Mindset then turns it back on) And what if she had a d***? And then she takes ecstasy and dies, and then she stands up...
JD: Steve, I need you to stop ranting so we can do the outro.
Steve: Well, you asked for this, now I got a few more things to say.
JD: Steve, you're gonna stop and tell us how to find you online right now, or else I'm gonna sent this podcast to your friend Gene Barretta.
Steve: Hi, I'm Steve Swanson from the MuppetCast.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Rizzo: we gotta tell him the truth Pepe!

Pepe: You tell him, and I will smack you...I will smack you like a bad bad Donkey Okay!

--Muppets From Space--