The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So in spite of my wonderful time at RI CC this year, this is one thing that got on my nerves on Saturday.

So, this is the one disadvantage of cosplaying as a character carrying something - people mistaking it as a weapon.

I got stopped on Saturday by some staff members who thought my Lucille bat was actually made out of wood and barbbed wire. I showed it to them and explained it was nothing more than a harmless toy, up front, in the guy's hands where he could feel it was plastic. He didn't believe me and turned to another staff member asking "Well, what do you think (whatever the guy's name was)?" And thankfully he knew it was a toy and let me off. But then they were both like "Don't go swinging that around" to which I was thinking "Never was in the first place, but whatever. :rolleyes: "

Like, I get it's their job to make sure everyone is safe and safety comes first, but what made me irritated was the fact that 1) it's common sense that I wouldn't be carrying the **** thing around in the first place if it wasn't approved by security through the gates, 2) there were other Negan cosplayers that probably walked up the same area so I'm not the only one with a potentially "dangerous" weapon, 3) that I was just written off as lying until one of the staff helped me off the hook. I was actually very close to putting them in their place for not believing me, but at the risk of being kicked out, it wasn't worth it.

I just gave them a really dirty look as I was walking off. The staff there get on my nerves sometimes.

Any Del

Reaction score
So in spite of my wonderful time at RI CC this year, this is one thing that got on my nerves on Saturday.

So, this is the one disadvantage of cosplaying as a character carrying something - people mistaking it as a weapon.

I got stopped on Saturday by some staff members who thought my Lucille bat was actually made out of wood and barbbed wire. I showed it to them and explained it was nothing more than a harmless toy, up front, in the guy's hands where he could feel it was plastic. He didn't believe me and turned to another staff member asking "Well, what do you think (whatever the guy's name was)?" And thankfully he knew it was a toy and let me off. But then they were both like "Don't go swinging that around" to which I was thinking "Never was in the first place, but whatever. :rolleyes: "

Like, I get it's their job to make sure everyone is safe and safety comes first, but what made me irritated was the fact that 1) it's common sense that I wouldn't be carrying the **** thing around in the first place if it wasn't approved by security through the gates, 2) there were other Negan cosplayers that probably walked up the same area so I'm not the only one with a potentially "dangerous" weapon, 3) that I was just written off as lying until one of the staff helped me off the hook. I was actually very close to putting them in their place for not believing me, but at the risk of being kicked out, it wasn't worth it.

I just gave them a really dirty look as I was walking off. The staff there get on my nerves sometimes.
^^^^^^^^
I hate people like that. That's like me bringing a cane and somehow those staff would mistaken it as a sword or some sort.

Some people can be too much of a safety freak. No offense.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So this is disappointing: Until Dish and HBO come to an agreement, I no longer get the HBO channels. So now I'm gonna have to go up to my mom's room to watch the new primetime Sesame special.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So this is disappointing: Until Dish and HBO come to an agreement, I no longer get the HBO channels. So now I'm gonna have to go up to my mom's room to watch the new primetime Sesame special.
Does your family have some sort of login associated with Dish for their website and such? If so, you should be able to use it for HBO Go online (I wouldn't know if this apparent issue between the providers would affect that).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Does your family have some sort of login associated with Dish for their website and such? If so, you should be able to use it for HBO Go online (I wouldn't know if this apparent issue between the providers would affect that).
We don't have the ability to watch HBO online.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I now have what my mom just had last week, which happens to be a cold. Woke up with a dry mouth this morning and my nose feels stuffy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been feeling a bit under the weather this week myself after comic Con.