The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just like Simpsons, or Family Guy, or even Arthur. They'll still be on when we're all old and gray, when they will have all switched to CGI and they're voiced by machines that are able to duplicate the original voice actors' voices.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Just like Simpsons, or Family Guy, or even Arthur. They'll still be on when we're all old and gray, when they will have all switched to CGI and they're voiced by machines that are able to duplicate the original voice actors' voices.
Don't forget SpongeBob and at this rate probably Pokémon as well. In the future the Pokémon slogan "Gotta catch 'em all" will be near impossible to fans because there will be about 1,000 or so of those freaking critters. Ash Ketchum will be a 90-year-old old man and still hunting Pokémon if they don't slow down soon lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Don't forget SpongeBob and at this rate probably Pokémon as well. In the future the Pokémon slogan "Gotta catch 'em all" will be near impossible to fans because there will be about 1,000 or so of those freaking critters. Ash Ketchum will be a 90-year-old old man and still hunting Pokémon if they don't slow down soon lol.
Pokemon basically just repeats itself.

You're better off just watching how many seasons you want to watch and then end it there.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Also you might as well add SNL to the list too. I was recently watching Jeopardy and there was a whole "Slang Words and Phrases Inspired By SNL" category. It's crazy to think of how much that one show has affected our culture. As Church Lady would say,
"Well ain't that special?". See what I mean!? I'm the kinda guy who will sometimes throw out SNL quotes without even thinking. For example, I don't know how many times I've said Billy Crystal's,
"I hate it when that happens," whenever someone tells me a humorous incident they've been through.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
But I warn you, in this modern "everything must be politically correct" era be careful which old SNL episodes you quote in front of certain people. For example, don't randomly quote this skit in front of someone of nearly any minority or you might get your butt kicked by a group of uber-offended strangers:
I know this was aired back in the 70s when that kind of language was slightly less taboo to use on TV but I doubt they could EVER get away this sketch in a million years if it were made nowadays. I mean, simply mentioning some of the terms used in that video are enough to "trigger" certain people in the era in which we are currently living.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
OH NO! Did you guys hear? Robot Chicken is cancelled! [Adult Swim] said that due to a recent lack of interest in stop motion animation and the fact that most of the show's audience are edgy millennials who don't give a **** about the Gen-X pop culture the show constantly makes fun of, they have decided to finally can one of their best shows. I'm very disappointed right now but there is one silver living to this horrible choice made by adult swim, there will be a special 30-minute long season finale of Robot Chicken premiering some time this Spring. Because it's a season finale and not a regular episode, there will be a slight change this time around in that the episode will be much more depressing than unusual. As opposed to the show's regular silliness, such tragic scenes will include the iconic Nerd character dying of a heart attack, the titular chicken going through a mental breakdown after his girlfriend leaves him, and the final He-Man parody where we explore the depressing past of court magician Orko who had a surprisingly traumatic childhood for a children's show character.
God, I wish it was cancelled... (Sorry, I just do not like Robot Chicken.)