The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Remember how I said I might be going to GalaxyCon Richmond?
Scratch that.

I might be goin to my first Convention next Saturday (assuming all goes well).

That being The Great Philadelphia Comic Con in Philadelphia!

Why? Two Reasons.

1. I want to start traveling more. It’s only 2 hours and 15 minutes from me. So, it’s not too, too far.

2. There is someone who’s going to be there that I really would LOVE to meet. That person is Noel MacNeal.

Yes, THAT Noel MacNeal. He’s gonna be there and I REALLY would LOVE to meet him!
I met Neal as well. Super guy. I hope meeting him is a big thrill for you.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Coming up on April 21 is my 51st birthday, which falls on Easter this year.
It's the latest Easter can possibly be. Earth Day is the day before. Plus things are finally starting to bloom.. So to tie it all together and see signs of life on my birthday, (and Jesus' rebirth) that's a great gift.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Coming up on April 21 is my 51st birthday, which falls on Easter this year.
It's the latest Easter can possibly be. Earth Day is the day before. Plus things are finally starting to bloom.. So to tie it all together and see signs of life on my birthday, (and Jesus' rebirth) that's a great gift.
Happy early birthday to you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Seeing an old friend from college I haven’t seen in over two years and catching up.

and we got high lol. Video engineer life

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
A news story I read about a kid who regularly got bullied at school and was worried that he wouldn't have any guests to his birthday party. Sadly, that actually happened when none of his classmates even accepted an invitation.

But when a local police officer saw how sad the boy was about nobody attending his birthday, he decided to throw the kid a HUGE surprise party of his own awaiting him as soon as he got off the school bus.

The party had gifts, a Krispy Kreme donut cake, and even a singing quartet in honor of his birthday. The kid was so happy and called it "the best birthday party ever,".

In a world full of news headlines about school shootings, racial hate crimes, offensive Trump tweets, pointless celebrity controversies over age old tweets that were in bad taste, sexual harassment lawsuits, terrorist attacks, and natural disasters. I found it very refreshing to see a genuinely positive and happy news story on the front page for a change. I don't even know that police officer personally and I can safely say that he's one cool guy. Anybody who would stand up for a bullied child like that and give him the amazing birthday celebration he deserves is a great guy as far as I'm concerned.