The new What Made You Smile Today thread

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Tired, grumpy, sick of winter fighting spring...but so far everything today has gone well. Even stuff that I expect to be a hassle has gone swiftly and swimmingly.

Clearly I slipped into a parallel dimension at some point.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Tired, grumpy, sick of winter fighting spring...but so far everything today has gone well. Even stuff that I expect to be a hassle has gone swiftly and swimmingly.

Clearly I slipped into a parallel dimension at some point.
If you are in some parallel dimension, tell Rick and Morty I said "Hey" lol jk.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Winter lasted longer up here, Spring has been colder than usual, so by now everything should be in full bloom, but not yet.
As a rule of thumb, the cherry blossoms in Branch Brook Park in Newark (several acres of pink) bloom by the second week in April. They're a little late this year. Conditions have to be just right. They only bloom for a week, then all the buds drop off. It's a short window of time, but during that peak, it's a spectacular sight.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
"Finally starting to bloom"?! Everything's been blooming for two and a half months!! More than half the trees are already in full green!!
Meanwhile, in my state, we just got a snowstorm yesterday. :sigh: (Thankfully, the snow is melting now, though, because the sun's out. I just want Winter to be over already!)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaah! It's meeeelting. The snow's meeelting!

Aye, winter be o'er and soon tha dragunes willa be coming... Ta play a game o' musical thrones.
Personally I'd prefer a tombstone throne to a measley iron throne. So long as it has a soft pumpkin-colored cushion.

That parallel dimension newsmanfan has fallen into is a dimension of weird sights and bizarre sounds. A dimension unlike any other yet vastly similar to the one she left behind. For she has fallen into the Muppet Zone, far superior to the Twilight Zone since we have vampires that count all day long instead of stupidly sparkle. :scary:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For today, I hate all of you. Winter ended two and a half months ago, and April's been mostly above average this year.

Matter of fact, winter never lasts through March, let alone April down here. Never. The latest winter has ever lasted has been the first week of March a few years back, but that was an isolated occurence. That's the latest I've ever seen snow or ice in this neck of the woods . . . heck, snow outside of January is rare ehre.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Then why do they call you D'Snowth if you don't have any snow? :zany:

In other news... I'ma happy I got NBCSN on my TV so I cans follow all the hockey playoffs. :excited:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Not today but last night: we gave our invertebrate tank a piece of blanched zucchini. A snail and the ghost skrimps fought over it in the most adorable manner. Nothing like a tiny transparent skrimp bouncing off a slice of zuke like an angry trampoline artist to make me smile!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was it green zucchini or yellow zucchini?
:hungry: Mesa no kno… *Gets blasted off of the bridge entrance.
:batty: Amazing! How did you know about the difference in zucchinis?
Oh, you have to know those sort of things if you're to be a king.
*Troop skulk off with young green coconuts in hand.