The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I had the full set of SS Treasury books as a kid, too! Amazing stuff, and they really don't make books like those anymore.
When I was a little kid I loved those books. The stories and stuff they used in the vintage books are a lot better than the stuff they have in the SS books today. And this is coming from an early 2000's kid

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My prized possessions in books are the four Time/Life books that came out in 1970 (The Book of Shapes tops it) and the 1972 Sesame Street Storybook. In the end pages, there's a cartoon illustration of the Street, and on the top floor of the 123 brownstone, Jim and Frank are looking out the window.
This book does turn up sometimes at church sales, flea markets, eBay, etc. If you ever see it, grab it!

Cookie3001

Reaction score
My prized possessions in books are the four Time/Life books that came out in 1970 (The Book of Shapes tops it) and the 1972 Sesame Street Storybook. In the end pages, there's a cartoon illustration of the Street, and on the top floor of the 123 brownstone, Jim and Frank are looking out the window.
This book does turn up sometimes at church sales, flea markets, eBay, etc. If you ever see it, grab it!
I have seen that book online before. At a used book store near me you can get 5 kids books for 1 dollar and they usually have some SS books. I recently bought a copy of Bert's Hall of Great Inventions there, also in the 10 Treasury book there is an illustration of The Count at the circus with 10 elephants and if you look in the background you can see cartoon caricatures of Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Kermit Love and Michael Frith

cjd874

Reaction score
I also had the Sesame Street Storybook and the ABC Storybook from 1974. I read them over and over until the pages and binding literally fell apart. But my absolute favorite was the Sesame Street Dictionary from 1980, which is the definitive Joe Mathieu illustration showcase! Every Muppet from that era appears, from Big Bird and Oscar to the Busby Twins and the Twiddlebugs! Plus I learned a lot of words from it, so that was nice.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I also had the Sesame Street Storybook and the ABC Storybook from 1974. I read them over and over until the pages and binding literally fell apart. But my absolute favorite was the Sesame Street Dictionary from 1980, which is the definitive Joe Mathieu illustration showcase! Every Muppet from that era appears, from Big Bird and Oscar to the Busby Twins and the Twiddlebugs! Plus I learned a lot of words from it, so that was nice.
I have had the Sesame Street dictionary since I was a little kid, I love that book because not only does it have all the old characters but there is a page that features cameos by Kermit :smile: and his nephew Robin. One SS book that I always enjoyed was The Great Cookie Thief

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have had the Sesame Street dictionary since I was a little kid, I love that book because not only does it have all the old characters but there is a page that features cameos by Kermit :smile: and his nephew Robin. One SS book that I always enjoyed was The Great Cookie Thief
Tucked away in storage, I have a Great Cookie Thief cookie jar! It's glass with a painting of Cookie with a cowboy hat and scribbled-on mustache.
I picked up a lot of vintage books, records, and toys around 2000 when Sesame hit 30. And a lot I picked up dirt cheap. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Tucked away in storage, I have a Great Cookie Thief cookie jar! It's glass with a painting of Cookie with a cowboy hat and scribbled-on mustache.
I picked up a lot of vintage books, records, and toys around 2000 when Sesame hit 30. And a lot I picked up dirt cheap. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Same here, I got most of my stuff used, The only time I ever pay high prices for stuff on eBay is when I REALLY want something and can't find it no matter how hard I look

Cookie3001

Reaction score
the reason I have most of these vintage Sesame Street books is because (if you did not know) I am a puppeteer and puppet builder and most of the puppet shows I do are based on kids books, I have done puppet shows of several Sesame Street books before, I did The Monster at the End of This Book a few years ago and soon I plan on doing The Great Cookie Thief and Everyone Makes Mistakes, once I build the right puppets I plan on doing Bert's Hall of Great Inventions and possibly Molly Moves to Sesame Street