The new What Made You Smile Today thread

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My cousin posted an "On This Day" thing on her Facebook page that said 33 years ago, the 1985 Care Bears movie was released in theaters, and a video of the theatrical trailer was in the post.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Cool. Besides Carroll Spinney, Bob is one of the nicest guys ever.
Not that I'm a stalker, but it almost seems possible one can stop by his house and he'd invite you in. He's been living in Teaneck, NJ for the last 50+ years.
The same Bob you see on screen, same deal in real life.

I always used to think, before the cameras go on, he has to transform himself from Bob McGrath, to...."BOB!" Big stretch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yep. As I've said before, of the cast members I met at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo last year, Bob was perhaps the warmest and most converse of them. That's not to say that Alan, Roscoe, and Emilio weren't, because they too were just as warm, friendly, and neighborly as they are on TV, but Bob was particularly conversive and shared a number of different anecdotes with me about his time on SS, as well as his other musical activities over the years - like concert appearances, recording albums, teaching programs, and so forth. He was also the one who was extending all of the invitations out to people, "Come visit our tables and talk with us!" He had some CDs for sale, and not only did I buy one, but he offered to sign it for me for free (and this after he had already signed my 40 years book).

Speaking of which, it just reminds me of what Caroll was quoted as saying in the 40 years book about how his initial impression of meeting Bob for the first time was that he was a fine guy, and they had brought in some really nice folk to be on this show. He's right.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'd love it if more Sesame folk came down to the East coast.

Now that Caroll is doing a farewell tour, hopefully he comes back to RI comic Con in 2018. I was hesistant on meeting him since at that time I felt kind of bad forcing him to talk with his condition, but **** it. If he comes back, I ain't blowing it this time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No way man! Like I said, I knew what a rare opportunity it was last fall, and I just felt like if I didn't take the opportunity while I had it, I'd probably never get it again. No, Caroll wasn't in the best of shape, but it was still and honor just to meet and speak with him for a few minutes nevertheless, and it's an experience I wouldn't trade for the world.

Any Del

Reaction score
Has anyone of you met Desiree Casado, Imani Patterson and Olmadie Faison?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'd love it if more Sesame folk came down to the East coast.

Now that Caroll is doing a farewell tour, hopefully he comes back to RI comic Con in 2018. I was hesistant on meeting him since at that time I felt kind of bad forcing him to talk with his condition, but **** it. If he comes back, I ain't blowing it this time.
Last time I saw him, he just turned 80. I'm not saying he's at death's door right now, but with each passing year things get a little harder.
Just like anything else in life, if an opportunity comes your way, grab it with both hands. You might never get another chance.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Won 239 at Mohegan sun! :big_grin:

Guess who's getting a pax 3 weed vaporizer!