The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Although I can't link it at this moment, the site's newest video making, ThatJewishGuy, debuted today with a review of the Shalom Sesame episodes.

EDIT: Okay, here's the video. He treats it with some pretty good respect and apparently plans to review the Jewish holiday-themed ones when the actual holiday comes around.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
(then again, I was probably the only little kid in the 90's who was terrified of dinosaurs).
Oh no you wern't my friend! And I think you used the word terrified perfectly because that's exactly how I felt too! :eek: :rolleyes: I wouldn't be able to sleep and I would sweat and cry and freak out and feel like I was having panic attacks. I woiuld just run froim the room horified screaming like a mad man, couldn't stat still, heaving breathing. Skin crawling. Nobody understood me at all. :stick_out_tongue: Carry on!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Although I can't link it at this moment, the site's newest video making, ThatJewishGuy, debuted today with a review of the Shalom Sesame episodes.

EDIT: Okay, here's the video. He treats it with some pretty good respect and apparently plans to review the Jewish holiday-themed ones when the actual holiday comes around.
I saw that, it was really good and still managed to be very funny.

By the way, Marty Robinson made an appearance on the site! Listen in on this TGWTG-based podcast. http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/podcasts/leez/11739-lzep8

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Long ago The Nostalgia Critic and The Angry Video Game Nerd challenged each other to review what the other is known for (NC reviewing the Bebe's Kids video game, and the AVGN reviewing the obscure nostalgic movie Ricky 1). I wonder if AVGN will ever review the Bebe's Kids game, or if The Nostalgia Critic will ever review Ricky 1 (Though Ricky 1 seems a bit obscure... The kind of movie that might be more suited for Obscura or The Cinema Snob).

I really like Douchey McNitpick, The Nostalgia Critic's most obnoxious fan (also played by Doug Walker), who has primarily appeared in top 11 countdowns showcasing mistakes The Nostalgia Critic has made.

Currently a third-year anniversary video (or is it a series of videos?) is being edited. I wonder how that'll turn out.

By the way I am a member of the thatguywiththeglasses forum (my user name there is fanboy fan).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been watching so much Nostalgia Critic so far this year, that I can't remember having so many tears coming out of my eyes from laughing so much, lol.

One thing I've come to appreciate is how he sometimes intentionally gets some of the facts of what he reviews incorrect, which makes for amusing commentary, especially one time that was extremely funny when he reviewed the Super Mario Bros. movie...

NC: It turns out that Mario and Luigi aren't even brothers at all... they're father and son!
CLIP LUIGI: Mario here brought me up.
NC: But wait a minute, doesn't Mario at one point specifically say...
CLIP MARIO: *On the phone* Mario Brothers Plumbing!
NC: And isn't the TITLE of the ******* movie...
*Clip of movie main title*
NC: So what are you sayin'? They're... they're father and son AND brothers?
CLIP LUIGI: *Edited* He's spin my mother my whole life.
NC: :eek:
*Random slow-mo clips set to Brokeback Mountain theme*
NC: You're messed up movie! You're ******' messed up! Thank you for that incestuous moment!

I swear, I live for the day he reviews Pee-wee's Big Adventure, he totally needs to review that one... and perhaps the live action Pipi Longstocking movie as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One thing I've come to appreciate is how he sometimes intentionally gets some of the facts of what he reviews incorrect, which makes for amusing commentary, especially one time that was extremely funny when he reviewed the Super Mario Bros. movie...
Lol, I know what you mean, especially with the Mario Bros. movie. You know he's getting it wrong, but it's just too funny. Especially when he calls back to it later:

NC: Mario's last name is der....Mario! And Luigi's last name is...Mario too! Because they're brothers you see...no no!...father and son!" LOL

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BTW, is anyone here aware that "The Nostalgia Critic" is actually listed on IMDb as being a "TV Series"? I didn't know webseries and such could count as being "TV series" on IMDb.

But, getting back to the facts, I notice a few people out there, who obviously don't follow him regularly, actually complain about him not getting his facts straight, thus ruining the accuracy of the review... but heck, his reviews aren't even meant to be accurate, or even taken seriously to begin. The exception being most of the Top 11 Picks, because those actually showcase things he has positive things to say about.

And shameless pluggin' time, this little piece I did a few months ago literally became an overnight sensation on deviantART.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But, getting back to the facts, I notice a few people out there, who obviously don't follow him regularly, actually complain about him not getting his facts straight, thus ruining the accuracy of the review... but heck, his reviews aren't even meant to be accurate, or even taken seriously to begin.
Well the way I see it, there's one type of fan that enjoys good naturedly poking fun at movies and TV shows they enjoy. Then there's another type of fan that thinks that kind of teasing is disrespectful somehow. These two types rarely agree. :wink:

Lol, aw Oscar's found a friend.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I gotta admit, I don't actually follow Nostalgia Critic, but apparently people think I did when I made This piece

it's basically just a voice actor joke...