1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frogboy4, Sep 6, 2009.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

BobThePizzaBoy began this thread a while back and it was deleted (due to being too much fun, I guess). The information was later cited by another member when the NC covered Follow That Bird and that link stayed. I'm giving BobThePizzaBoy his props and pinning up this thread once more. The Nostalgia Critic uses some salty language that wouldn't warrant more than a PG-13 in my book. If we can have threads about movies that hold that rating we can have one for the Nostalgia Critic too. If it ain't your thing, please click away. If it is your thing - enjoy!

The NC's covered Muppets and Henson related materials. In fact, the Dinosaurs logo was atop his page the last time I looked. The entire site deserves exploration. It's one of the better commentary blog-sites out there. If we can't post about this kind of stuff here than I'm out. That Guy With The Glasses & Nostalgia Critic

Thanks BobThePizzaBoy for bringing this site to my attention. It has brightened many days! And thank you Nostalgia Critic for helping justify the years of expensive film schooling I never completed and the misspent youth of watching too much wonderfully craptastic television! :zany:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh cool! I didn't know if anyone else here liked him. I'm going to end up gushing, but I think all his reviews are brilliantly funny! He's pretty much added ten years to my life, lol. :halo:

MikaelaMuppet and Dominicboo1 like this.
  3. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I've been a big fan since his initial Transformers one. My personal favorites are his April Fools' Joke (where his three characters switch roles), Follow That Bird review, A Good Son review (where he lost his voice, supposedly from yelling at the movie so long), and really any crossover with The Angry Video Game Nerd and/or Nostalgia Chick.

4. heralde

I think my favorite review is Captain Planet, because everyone I show it to says, "Oh that's so true!" Lol

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Ah yes. I found the Nostalgia Critic looking for "Cartoon All Stars" on YouTube. Then, I became a regular viewer. My personal favorites of his are the Sonic the Headhog review (especially the pumpkin part, which exactly how I would react) and the Bum's review of "Up".

EDIT: Oh yeah! And "Bridge to Terebithia" in 5 seconds was hilarious! Without the "waa, waaa, waa, waaaaaaaaaaa" noise at the end, it would've been cruel, but it's funny with it.

6. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, frogboy4, hope this doesn't get deleted this time.

But, yeah, Nostalgia Critic's the man. My personal top 5 are:
    1. Kazaam
    2. Tom & Jerry: The Movie
    3. North
    4. Steel
    5. Batman & Robin

I also really love the Follow That Bird review for obvious reasons and the We're Back! review. I actually had We're Back! on video as a kid and hated it, it scared me so frigging much (then again, I was probably the only little kid in the 90's who was terrified of dinosaurs). Looking at it with 17-year old eyes, I realized how twisted it was thanks to Raoul Puke, father of fozzie journalism (get it?).

7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I saw some Nostalgic Critic videos a few months ago. I like his reviews of Follow That Bird, Super Mario Bros., Tom and Jerry: The Movie, Space Jam, and Three Ninjas.

8. BobThePizzaBoy

Cake!

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Tom & Jerry Movie is one of the biggest travesties in cartoon history. :o

10. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

The NC is awsome. I love the Super Mario Bros. Movie review. lol

11. BobThePizzaBoy

We've GOT to have moneyyyy.....

12. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Personally, I liked it best when the Angry Video Game Nerd beat him up.

13. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Oh man, I've never heard of this website! It doesn't want to load, but when it does I will definately be watching this like crazy, it sounds hilarious. Where should I start?

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's different for everybody, but I suggest finding one of his top 10 lists that sound interesting to you as a first sampling. He's brutally honest. And trust me - the big lipped alligator moment - will become part of your vocabulary for life. :)

15. heralde

Seriously I've seen a few people on the Web use his little catchphrases, and everyone knows exactly what they're talking about, lol.

My favorite at the moment is the Ninja Turtles Coming Out of Our Shells Tour review. Takes me back to a simpler time when the Turtles were everywhere. Ah memories! Lol

16. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

BIG-LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT!

But seriously, yeah, I enjoy his videos :D

17. BobThePizzaBoy

18. heralde

Oh I didn't realize it was the 100th, yay!

"I'm.....AC...ting...!" : D

19. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

OKay, I'm back after being swallowed by the awesomeness of this website for a few days! I LOVE IT! I've watched so many videos on here, I can't believe he's only been on the internet for like a year and a half.

20. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member