The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember when Doug said he'd never review a movie that's still in theaters? He just reviewed DEADPOOL 2.

But anyway, I just finished my month-long binge-watching of my favorite NC reviews, and as I said, I still enjoy the pre-revival reviews where he's screaming like a banshee, and swearing the house down, because it was his loud, zany, and agonizing reactions that made the reviews so funny and engaging . . . while I'm glad he's started doing some reviews in the classic style again as of last year, the tone of being so overly analytical and subdued just makes the reviews kind of bland.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what? Up until Channel Awesome offered a reupload of the GOOD BURGER review in its original quality, I learned that during the milkshake scene, NC actually said, "I'll chase it down with some fries." In all honesty, with so many downgraded quality fan uploads over the year, I thought he said, "I'll chase it down with some crack." I'm pretty sure I even did a pic on deviantART of NC drowning his sorrows in milkshakes and crack years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to thinking about the JACK review, and how NC complains about Jack's behavior throughout the movie - particularly earlier in the movie when he's at home - seems more akin to the behavior of a five-year-old instead of a ten-year-old in terms of Jack wearing silly cartoon pajamas, sleeping with a stuffed animal, and wanting to sleep with his parents after having a nightmare. In a way, I can kind of see where NC is coming from, but when you think more about it (which I'm sure nobody else probably does), it kind of makes sense: Jack was sheltered, particularly by his mother, because nobody was sure how the outside world would accept a ten-year-old boy inside a tall, hairy, grown man's body, so while Jack may have physically aged rapidly, mentally and emotionally he was quite behind because of how sheltered he was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Y'know, with Doug being such a big fan of SEINFELD, I'm a little surprised he didn't work in some kind of reference in his TWISTER review to point out the fact that Bill Paxton's character's fiance was played by Jami Gertz, who was also the lady in the bathroom stall who refused to spare Elaine a square, because she didn't have a square to spare.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess people have gotten over the whole #ChangeTheChannel movement, because it's almost as if it never happened: neither the Walker brothers, nor Michaud ever really did anything to address or speak out about the incident, and they've pretty much just carried on with Channel Awesome as if it never happened.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How come after all these years, there's still yet to be an official reupload of the Top 11 Villain Songs on Channel Awesome's YouTube channel?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see the newest episode is a review of THE COUNTRY BEARS, which has always been among my person Top 10 Movies I Like That Everybody Else Hates. Unfortunately, it's one of those episodes that's loaded with the Scrappy castmembers and intrusive sketches, so I can't bring myself to watch it - but I do see where the color of the wall has changed again, this time a slightly darker shade of blue, almost kind of purplish too.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I see the newest episode is a review of THE COUNTRY BEARS, which has always been among my person Top 10 Movies I Like That Everybody Else Hates. Unfortunately, it's one of those episodes that's loaded with the Scrappy castmembers and intrusive sketches, so I can't bring myself to watch it - but I do see where the color of the wall has changed again, this time a slightly darker shade of blue, almost kind of purplish too.
I tried seeing that once, but the DVD ended up freezing or skipping so it was practically unwatchable.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I taped it off TV when it began airing on cable for the first time.