The Official Theater/Broadway Lovers Thread

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the review, maybe I'll look for the soundtrack.

Have you ever heard the Forbidden Broadway CDs? They're so hilarious, lol.
Yes I have. And I have the book about Forbidden Broadway, "Behind The Mylar Curtain."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes I have. And I have the book about Forbidden Broadway, "Behind The Mylar Curtain."
Hmm, that might have to be my next birthday present, hehe. :wink:

Yeah as much as I love Broadway, there's definitely a ton of things to poke fun at. I remember starting a Broadway channel on Pandora and after awhile you do start to notice patterns (like in that song in Spamalot: "Once in every show there comes a song like this!") Lol

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Not a big fan of most musicals, but I really love Jesus Christ Superstar.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not a big fan of most musicals, but I really love Jesus Christ Superstar.
Love that one too, amazing vocal performances and introspective characterizations. We were actually shown it twice in Catholic school, lol. Plus my Dad was a fan and still has the original record album.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Yes. That's one of the things I love about it: there is so much room for interpretation of the story and characters. Plus, like you said, the vocals are mindblowing.

P.S. If you end up seeing Django Unchained, Ted Neeley from the original Jesus Christ Superstar movie has a cameo. Really weird and just random.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
He played one of the Trackers. When Django and the Dr. are being led by DiCaprio's character to his plantation, they run into a group of men who are hunting an escaped slave. It's a really weird change for Neeley, who always plays a good guy. In this, he looks scary.

He also wrote/sang the music being played when his character is introduced. It's a non-speaking role, but he gets close ups and reaction shots, and a death scene later on.