The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"He has made a bad drawing on his plate. Billy needs therapy.
He has made a nice drawing. Billy doesn't need therapy now"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I made a pecan pie for Thanksgiving this year - the first time I've ever made one . . . unfortunately, it apparently turned out more like a pecan cobbler instead. I mean, the pecans on top looked all dark and toasty like if they stayed in the oven any longer they'd burn, but the filling is still gooey rather than firm. :smirk:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I just made a huge dinner of turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, and broccoli, and it turned out perfect. :smile:

And now, I'm about to explode. :stick_out_tongue:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Dinner was great, we had stuffing, mac & cheese, turkey, etc.
I rode my bike around the neighborhood today and it was nice to see so many people outside, enjoying each other's company, kids playing everywhere, relatives being excited to see one another, especially considering how quiet it the neighborhood usually is. It also made me a little sad though. We used to have Thanksgivings with the whole extended family, all the aunts, uncles, cousins etc, but now we can't have that because everyone is so passive aggressive and always has some sort problem with each other.
Don't get me wrong, I had a great Thanksgiving with my parents and siblings, it's just a little sad considering things used to be much different.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Our Thanksgiving was a little short this year, but the circumstances were understandable: my cousin had fallen sick, so he stayed home; meanwhile, his wife spent Thanksgiving with her family this year. A little smaller gathering, yes, but still enjoyable.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So how hasn't this thread been bumped yet this year, and November's already more than half over?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Cause no one cares about Thanksgiving.

If anything, the only thing people seem to remember November for is black Friday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If anything, the only thing people seem to remember November for is black Friday.
Speaking of Black Friday, it's a couple of years old, but anyone remember this video?

I won't even bothering pointing out that tail-tell signs that this is fake and staged: they're all too obvious, even a caveman could figure it out.
why was Dorothy going to miss Scarecrow "most of all"? My only thinking was that because he was the only one of the three she spent any time with alone, which I guess allowed her to develop a deeper connection with him, as opposed to Tinman or Lion. I don't know.
Okay, so I recently learned that in the original script, Dorothy was supposedly carrying on a romance in Kansas with Hunk (the Scarecrow's Kansas counterpart), and that also, he was going to be leaving for college soon, hence why Dorothy would miss him most of all.

Don't know if that's in the original L. Frank Baum books or not, but I do know it was scripted but didn't make it into the final movie (for time, I think).