The picture of Jim holding...

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Whatever said:
BTW, the Kermit version will be used in the upcoming Muppet stamps.
Yeah, that has to do with 2 things. 1) Kermit is more well known and famous as Jim's character and 2) Since Bert is owned by Sesame Workshop, the Muppet Holding Co. could not give the OK for him to be used on the stamps.

Rowbes

Reaction score
ugh

that seems like such a perversion to alter that beautiful photo for copyrights sake.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I had an issue with that too at first, but it's so much more ... I don't know; spiritual almost, to have Jim holding Kermit in that photo.

I never put together that the splintering of the JHC wouldn't allow him to be holding Bert... man, that's so depressing... I mean it's Jim Henson for God's sake; of which none of this would be if not for him. When you look at it from that angle, then yeah, it comes off disrespectful... man, now I don't know how I feel about it! :mad:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are hundreds of pictures of Jim in the archives. It would've been easy to have used something else.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Actually, I don't recall ever seeing the photo of him with the photoshopped in Kermit the Frog. Where's it at?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone's answered this question, but the altered photo is from the Muppet stamps coming this fall. I think a photo of it is up on MC somewhere and it should be at usps.com. As someone who's done a lot of P-shop fudging, I'm not jazzed that they've altered that particular picture, but it doesn't bug me that much either. :concern:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
2) Since Bert is owned by Sesame Workshop, the Muppet Holding Co. could not give the OK for him to be used on the stamps.
I'm fuming at the thought of that! That is too ridiculous for words; the creator of the characters that enabled the show takes a picture with one of his puppets, then a company buys the show and wont let that picture be used.

So many choice words come to mind. :mad: :mad:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Boy, doesn't THAT look a bit odd? I can almost tell it's been messed with knowing what the original picture looked like. hmmm...still, nice stamps though!

yiieepyepyep

Reaction score
they could have used my favorite picture

they could have used the picture that I particularly like from "the works" the one where Jim Henson is looking in the mirror and sees kermit on the other side...you know that one... :smile: :smile:

p.s. hi to all im a new member and glad to be here!!