The Return of Futurama: Anyone Else Excited?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Meh, I just keep watching on TV instead of bothering with buying DVD's.
I normally don't bother with TV on DVD either, unless it's a show that isn't shown anymore (e.g. MST3K, Alf, The Muppet Show).

However, I'm too big of a Futurama fan to pass up the episode commentaries, so I might wait to see if they do a complete season release (HA!) or wait until my local Best Buy or Meijer has it marked off.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I'm posting this link in a couple of relevant topics. I hope that's okay! Anyway, I made this Futurama video this weekend. It's got some muppety/puppety goodness as well. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r34CpyIPU5E
No skin off my nose (Although, I considered this discussion as good as dead a while ago).

Just one thing about the video...do you really think UHF can one up Rocky Mountain Holiday, or did you just need the rhyme?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Season 7's supposed to drop some time in June... the last episode will be open ended in case the show doesn't get renewed again...

Sigh... didn't get the DVD set yet. So I'm completely out of the loop as far as episodes go.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Just one thing about the video...do you really think UHF can one up Rocky Mountain Holiday, or did you just need the rhyme?
Honestly? I was just proud of the rhyme "Muppet" and "one-up-it." But I had to work hard to find something in my collection that I would be willing to use, and Weird Al ranks equally high in my affections. So that's the story there. But no, I don't think I could actually rank those two. Totally different things.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Honestly? I was just proud of the rhyme "Muppet" and "one-up-it." But I had to work hard to find something in my collection that I would be willing to use, and Weird Al ranks equally high in my affections. So that's the story there. But no, I don't think I could actually rank those two. Totally different things.
Works for me.

I've been looking for UHF on DVD since I first saw in on CC, but my in store searches have proved fruitless. *Sigh*

Back on topic:

I despise the 'cutting a production season in two' thing. It's really annoying! :grouchy:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Amazon has UHF for about seven bucks.

I don't actually mind if they cut a season in two for Futurama as long as they keep making them. It seems in line with how they do South Park--14 episode seasons for that show, and it's been on for a long time. Just keep them coming!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Works for me.

I've been looking for UHF on DVD since I first saw in on CC, but my in store searches have proved fruitless. *Sigh*
It's an old DVD... almost 10 years ago. it was actually one of the first DVD's I got. I swear I saw it recently as a low cost multi-movie collection at Target... but even then, I don't think it was quite as recent as that.

I despise the 'cutting a production season in two' thing. It's really annoying! :grouchy:
I don't really see much of a problem, since 13 is the standard in most cases. Plus it is Comedy Central... had it been on Fox, I'm sure we would have seen more episodes, at least twice as many... but at least it had a guarenteed second 13 episodes that way.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I just watch all the episodes on Netflix..I hope they get the new episodes to...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I just watch all the episodes on Netflix..I hope they get the new episodes to...
They seem to have last summer's episodes, so I'm guessing they get the new ones when they are released on video.