The Return of Futurama: Anyone Else Excited?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
In a vain attempt to get this thread started again, I pose these questions:

What did you think of the Futurama DVD movies?

Do you think the new season is getting better or worse with each new episode?

Do these pants make my butt look big?

:confused:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I liked the DVD movies. And the sesson is definently improving with each episode. The last few ones keep getting funnier and funnier!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I've enjoyed most of the episodes. I didn't like the most recent cat one very much... but the one where Fry, Bender, and the Professor travel to the future was fantastic--my favorite new one yet, I think. And the DVD movies are some of my favorites... I'm actually thinking about finally breaking down and getting them on DVD.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I've enjoyed most of the episodes. I didn't like the most recent cat one very much... but the one where Fry, Bender, and the Professor travel to the future was fantastic--my favorite new one yet, I think. And the DVD movies are some of my favorites... I'm actually thinking about finally breaking down and getting them on DVD.
I thought that both Nibbler and Amy's subplots were great for character development, I just wish they had put them into a slightly more interesting episode.

The two tear jerking episodes in a row kind of took me off guard, but I'm not complaining because I like the emotinal ones. :cry:

I'm glad I did, the movies work better when they aren't all chopped up with commercials added. :big_grin:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Now that the (broadcast) season is over I thought I'd pose a few more questions:smile:shifty:smile::

What did you think of the season as a whole?

Did you think that they managed to re-capture the original Futurama magic at any point?

What's the capitol of South Dakota?

Did anyone else find that cross-species dresser girl a little disturbing?

What are your opinions on the 100th episode?

Did anyone else realize that the word 'species' violates the 'I before E except after C' rule?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the season marathon tomorrow since I didn't catch all the new episodes.
The best line IMHO was from that same episode with the cross-species dressing girl, who was an okay/meh character.
Bender: "Dork calling Orson, Dork calling Orson."

Also, from the cat takeover episode...
Prof. Fisherprice Shpeakenshpell: "The horse says... Doctorate denied!"

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed them all. I thought my favorite one was the ape one where everyone goes to that planet and robots take over. It was the funnest one i thought.

I have all the volume and the movies too. I would really love to see them keep going with this show and not just stop. I wouldn't mind watching all new seasons of Futurama. Hopes to see more or maybe specials or a movie in the theaters. That would be awsome.

Drtooth

Reaction score
YAY!

All I have to do is wait until After Christmas and I won't feel so left out!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Whoa, that was fast. :frown:

I kinda expected them to wait and release the entire production season on DVD at once.

Oh, well. Good news, everyone! We'll be getting Drtooth's opinion sooner than I anticipated! :big_grin:

EDIT: $40 SRP? For 13 episodes! What a ripoff! I hope that my local retailers go WAY below that or they'll have lost one consumer! (Fox Home Entertainment, I mean, not my local retailers)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha... Welcome to the world of staggered DVD releases versus an entire season set. Heck, it took 'em 9 volumes to finish all three seasons of Ben-Ten Alien Force, and they got about thirteen episodes or so a season or what they called "seasons" which don't even last an entire year because of that.
Meh, I just keep watching on TV instead of bothering with buying DVD's.

*:big_grin: at South Park and Ugly Americans returning for the second halves of their "seasons" tonight.