The Return Of Meee! >3

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I haven't read or heard a version of Peter and The Wolf yet where Sonja actually IS eaten... unless you count the version they did for Sesame Street where Telly was playing Sonja, and when Elmo was reading the part where the wolf eats Sonja, Telly takes off his costume and runs away (and returns as one of the hunters, lol).

Incidentally, I noticed some versions have the animals refered to by names (Sasha the bird, Sonja the duck, Ivan the cat), whereas in other versions, they're just refered to as "The Bird", "The Duck", "The Cat".

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The duck did get eaten in a puppet version we saw in music class a few years back. He seem to enjoy it, since he was flaoting around the tummy in an inner tube with a soda bottle in his hand, I kid you not.
I think I even have vague recollections of one version where the duck is eaten but when Peter has lassoed the wolf's tail and hauled him painfully up over the branch of a tree, while he's hanging upside down the duck falls back out of his mouth.

Heck, there are even some versions of "Three Little Pigs" where the first two piggies are gobbled up by the Big Bad Wolf after blowing down their houses. I think it may have been Disney first who depicted them as managing to reach sanctuary with their brother.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I must say this is a very interesting conversation!

Actually, I believe the one where the wolf gets his stomach filled with rocks is a different story, The Wolf and the Seven Kids, or something like that. I could be wrong, but I don't think there was a Red Riding Hood like that. The Grim version was called Little Red Cap, and had the most well-known ending of the wolf being cut open, and granny being released. I don't think Red was eaten at all in that one, but then again, I could be wrong.
When I was living in college, I became interested in comparative fairytales, and I found a great website with different versions of familiar, and some less familiar, stories from different countries. I don't remember the URL, but I'll find and post it later if any of you are interested.

In other news, welcome back Claudia! Though now you're gone again...
:sympathy: But I did get to wish you happy birthday at least!
:smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I must say this is a very interesting conversation!

Actually, I believe the one where the wolf gets his stomach filled with rocks is a different story, The Wolf and the Seven Kids, or something like that. I could be wrong, but I don't think there was a Red Riding Hood like that. The Grim version was called Little Red Cap, and had the most well-known ending of the wolf being cut open, and granny being released. I don't think Red was eaten at all in that one, but then again, I could be wrong.
When I was living in college, I became interested in comparative fairytales, and I found a great website with different versions of familiar, and some less familiar, stories from different countries. I don't remember the URL, but I'll find and post it later if any of you are interested.

In other news, welcome back Claudia! Though now you're gone again...
:sympathy: But I did get to wish you happy birthday at least!
:smile:
Of course there was a Red Riding Hood like that, I grew up with it:excited:! *sings to the beloved theme song* Well..it wasn't rocks in the dubbed version, but you can tell thy were :stick_out_tongue:

Hope Mills

Reaction score
Hi Claudia!

I hope you and your family are doing very well! :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
so glad that you are back missed you around here ! the place is not the same with out you :wink:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
;_; You all are so bloody sweet!
Thank you, Pooh! You are valued as well! <33

MUPPET BABY! *HUG*