The RHLC!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't think I ever saw "The Addams Family." Not in full, anyway. But in the comic strip "Non Sequitur," there was a family called the Gravesytes; the dad looked like a stockbroker, but he carried his head around on a plate, the mom was some kind of weightless wraith (a former fashion model, according to the kids), the teenage son always wore a featureless mask and the daughter was a cheerful little ghoul.
Perhaps one influenced the other?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the Gravesytes are definitely a nod to the Addams family, and maybe the Munsters as well. Non Sequitur's a fairly recent strip, with a really cynical take on life, politics and the world. But it once did a story arc called "The Adventures of Ordinary Basil," which was about a boy who traveled to a floating kingdom called Helios, and befriended a girl with a pet pterodactyl. It actually got republished as its own book.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Love the Munsters and Addams Family! They're actually pretty different. The Addams Family knew they were weird and proud of it. The Munsters were more like your typical family, and they just happened to be monsters. They didn't understand whythey got such a...em...negative reaction! Either way, they were great shows for the '60s, all about respecting and loving differences. :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Non Sequitur's a fairly recent strip, with a really cynical take on life, politics and the world
Sort of like how Johnen Vasquez does his work (Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Squee! Filler Bunny, and of course, Invader ZIM), or like how Tim Burton does a majority of his films (which are trippy and dark, but visually appealing), or even how Charles 'Sparky' Shultz truly envisioned his world of Peanuts (with the strip being a dour outlook upon the life of one certain blockhead).

And agreed, heralde. America's two freaky families were great representations of the 60's & of how people should treat others...with kindness, no matter how weird.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Can't wait for interview with Terry Angus!

I thought the fist Santa Clause was alright. But it's the second and third movies that annoy me.:stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. That interview is sure to be a good one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I thought the fist Santa Clause was alright. But it's the second and third movies that annoy me.:stick_out_tongue:
Yeah the second was like your typical sequel: OK but not as good. I haven't seen the third yet. I know Bernard's not in it, that's a problem right there!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, he left because he gave his job to the elf that was below him.
True, in the contest of the story, Bernard was like 12,000 years old (which is why he looked like a teenager rather than a little kid...I guess lol...they didn't really get to explain it, but it sounds right!). He was probably about ready to retire!

In real life, unfortunately the actor apparently ran into negotiation troubles, shame when that happens.

Still, there's always the first film!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
True, in the contest of the story, Bernard was like 12,000 years old (which is why he looked like a teenager rather than a little kid...I guess lol...they didn't really get to explain it, but it sounds right!). He was probably about ready to retire!
Good point & probably right, too.

In real life, unfortunately the actor apparently ran into negotiation troubles, shame when that happens.

Still, there's always the first film!
Can't disagree there.