The Scoop of the Century

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
^u^

Impossible... and yet you're reacting. *giggles* Yeah, Spittledrum's from RtL. But the characters from the manga aren't really gonna get much focus. In fact, only one other character from there is actually gonna have any importance in this story.

Thanks! :big_grin: If you love Notivel, you're most likely gonna love Paltretta as well. Unless you don't like those happy-go-lucky types.

Yes. It's a character from Sonic R, which I've never played but am very grateful for that, for some say the game is cursed.

Yeah, no. The only Gremlins I've even experienced a tiny bit of it is that one with the fuzzy little guy named Gizmo. The cameo was Maddie's human version of the Disney version of Miss Spider(James and the Giant Peach).

*Locks the annoying little Bean Bunny/Jigglypuff crossbreed in its cage. Whatever on Jim's Kermit green Earth possessed me to make such a creature.
Uh... what?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Do you mean the woman Mimi transformed herself into? Since I'm only as familiar with those characters as they're used in yours and Maddie's stories, I didn't rully think much of it at the time. But that's a very nice nod to have Maddie included like that. Makes it more special to the trained eye who can catch such a reference.
Yeah, the Rol Dahl gremlins were only ever seen on some Disney pins you can find by searching at www.pinpics.com, and I love the second Gremlins movie.

*Waits ready to poke with nagging stick/cane for more story.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Cause it'll take another month for this gem to be updated. And frankly, I could use some good fanfic about now.

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Oh. ... But! Notice I said within a month. It'll most likely be up before then at the rate I'm going, I just like to set myself spaceous deadlines to account for any writing blocks that might be thrown my way by the gods of literature. *klunk* Owww! *shakes fist at the heavens* Darn you, literature gods! That hurt!

So... like I was saying, if it's not up before the end of February or the beginning of March, you have every right to slap me silly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is okay... Just teasing/nagging a bit cause the good fics have gone on hiatus, or their authors have forsaken this forum realm. Post when you can. Take care. *Smacks hailstone back upwards to literary heaven. :sleep: 15-Love!

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
PuppyLuver Studios presents

The Scoop of the Century

Chapter 10: Paltretta Leviton

The first part of this chapter was depressing for me to write. And not just because I was being posed and displayed like a hunting trophy.

For those of you who are into Pokémon, look up a picture of Marley from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl during the part where Dimentio talks about his little sister. You’ll probably begin to understand why. If not, than my brain is waaaay different from yours.

The pure souls I mentioned that the Tails Doll has are Scooby Doo(reference to the live-action movie), Claris Sinclair from NiGHTS into Dreams, Ash Ketchum, Winnie the Pooh, DJ from Total Drama Island and Momoka Aizawa, an original character of mine.

Now it’s clear why Mimi’s main Pokémon is a Spinarak.

In case you’re wondering what Tajiria is, that’s my conceptual name for the country in which Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are located, named for the creator of Pokémon, Satoshi Tajiri

------------------

Silence. Darkness. For about a half-hour, that was all the former Orb Retrievers could see or hear. Then a purple spark of energy here or there, and the void between worlds became visible. It was truly gruesome. Glass balls about three times the size of the Orbs were floating around, each containing a world that had once been thriving and intact. Stone statues were placed in various areas, each having that same terrified expression on their faces, some in a running pose as if in attempt to delay the dreadful fate that eventually came to pass. These were the ones that, unlike Stardust and Jess, had no chance to escape. However, not all the ones that had been made this way were displayed like this. The ones that were displayed were the ones it had considered worth its troubles. There was a young man with messy hair and a baseball cap with his rodent-like companion here, a quintet of frog-like soldiers there. The ones that had not been displayed were left in the position they had been in when their world was destroyed.

Then there were the new arrivals, the former Orb Retrievers... plus Jareth. Most of them were thrown together in a cage with bars stronger than steel. Those who had the most power were placed in solitary pentagon-shaped traps that had them completely immobilized. They could see and hear everything around them, but could not communicate with the others. Stardust’s limp body had been unceremoniously tossed to the ground while Jess’s was being held above a display platform by invisible strings in a complicated pose that would’ve been nearly impossible for her to replicate on her own. “We lost,” Kermit finally said after what seemed like hours. “I can’t believe we lost...”

“If that jerk hadn’t betrayed us, maybe we wouldn’t be here now,” Miss Piggy fumed, motioning to where Dimentio was being kept. “Don’t forget that, Kermit.” She wasn’t exactly in the lovey-dovey mood to call him ‘Kermie’ at the moment like she often did.

“It’s so unfair,” Mimi sobbed to herself, being the only one of Count Bleck’s former minions to not have been placed in solitary. “We tried so hard... all that effort for nothing...”

Even Fozzie couldn’t put an optimistic spin on the situation. It was hopeless. They were trapped in a stronger-than-steel cage in an unending void. Even if they could escape, the Orbs had probably been either destroyed or scattered across the universe again, making it highly impractical to go looking for them all over again. So they just sat and moped. Misty found a random rock and threw it at Dimentio’s container, not knowing or caring whether he would feel it or not. Shooting Star was drawing a circle on the ground over and over with her invisible finger. “Y’know,” she said meekly, “I actually knew he was working with Jareth the whole time.”

“You did?” Web asked. “How? Why didn’t you tell us?”

“I’m a Legilimens,” Shooting Star explained. “I can detect others’ thoughts and feelings. I don’t use that power very much to respect people’s privacy, but I did it to Dimentio because I originally didn’t trust him. I broke though his curtain of lies, figured out he was on the Goblin King’s side... but I saw that he really did have good intentions. They weren’t working to destroy the universe, they were trying to save it, like us.”

You’re right about that, girlie, a voice rang through their heads. It sounded so familiar...

Dimentio?” everyone not in solitary cried out.

“But how?” Errol asked randomly. “The narrator said those things you guys are in keep you from communicating with us!” He was promptly smacked for breaking the fourth wall.

Ah ha ha... that’s true for most people, Dimentio explained, but these containers were built to hold those who are aligned with purity and light, which the Tails Doll figured would be the top candidates to want to try and stop him. He never counted on someone like me, who had done so many evil things in their lives for no reason other than personal gain or just for the heck of it that no matter what their intentions would be further down the line, their heart would remain black as their former deeds. Seeing as how Nastasia and O’Chunks were merely following Bleck’s orders way back when and at least one of them was duped into believing that the “dear” count’s intentions were to destroy a corrupt universe to build a new one free from evil and hatred, and Jareth had stolen a baby in an attempt to win over a girl he loved, their hearts have too much light left in them. He actually sounded disappointed at that fact.

“What do you care anyway, you traitor?” Surprisingly, it was Kermit who shouted this at the “charming” magician. “You don’t care about anyone but yourself! You never have!”

That’s not true. That’s not even remotely true. I have cared for others besides myself. The David Bowie-obsessed jester sounded kind of hesitant. I... I once had a little sister... She was more than a sister. She was my closest friend. We cared deeply for one another. I remember helping her with her homework whenever she asked, even if I didn’t quite understand the subject matter myself, and she would comfort me any time that I had made a fool of myself in front of Luna... again. Then something happened, and I... I never saw her again. It was... it was all my fault... Everyone could see a tiny tear trickle from his eyes.

“He’s not lying,” Shooting Star said. “I can see him, younger, with a black-haired girl wearing black and white... that’s a really funky hairstyle your sis has, Dimentio...”

Stop reading my memories, Dimentio said sternly. Those are private.

“Sorry.”

“Just because he cared about one person doesn’t mean he cares for anyone now,” Misty said. “I mean, look at what he’s done! He tried to destroy the universe! He killed my parents and sent me to another world where my life was a living heck, just because he could! He even admits to have done something terrible to his kid sister! He can’t be trusted!”

You’re wrong about one thing: I didn’t ‘kill your parents and send you to another world where your life was a living heck’ just for the heck of it. There was a perfectly good reason.

Misty scoffed. “Oh yeah? What’s your reason, freak of the week?”

Have you ever heard of the seven pure souls? You should really look into that, because you’re one of them, little girl. If the Tails Doll got a hold of the seven pure souls, we’d all be screwed over. Luckily, I got to you before it did, so I took some drastic measures. I tried to erase any evidence that you had ever existed as yourself by getting rid of your parents and sending you away, altering your memory to where you would hate everything around you, in an attempt to “dilute your purity”, so to speak. Obviously, it didn’t work...

“Ooh, that’s cold, man,” Floyd said.

“Fer sure,” Janice agreed.

Yes, but thank you for divulging that information for me, Dimentio. I thought there was something odd about that redhead.

Everyone who could move their heads looked around to see where the new voice was coming from. They didn’t have to, though, for a yellow plush fox with a large ruby hanging from a wire on its head appeared before them. I had almost given up on my search for the seven pure souls. I managed to find the first six, but the seventh had remained illusive until now. Finally, the time has come! I now have all seven! As the Tails Doll said this, six translucent figures floated around it, each of them glowing a different color. There was a Great Dane with human-like stubble where its chin would be, glowing aqua-green, a young girl wearing a t-shirt and shorts with her stringy hair in a ponytail on top of her head, glowing orange, the young boy with the rodent-like companion I mentioned earlier but this time alone and glowing a deep blue, a kind-seeming bear wearing a small shirt and holding some sort of jar, glowing yellow, a well-built teenage boy, glowing a lime green and an Asian girl wearing a star-shaped hairclip and a shirt with some kind of bird design on it and the number 141, glowing an amethyst color. It was a lot of work to get these, mind you, so I’d really appreciate it if you would just hand over your soul without a struggle.

“Don’t do it, Misty!” Kermit shouted. “You’re better than that!”

“Don’t worry,” Misty replied. “I’m not going down that easily.”

So be it, the Tails Doll sighed. It rushed at her, its right hand engulfed in some sort of dark energy. She tried to dodge, but the evil doll was too quick. It grabbed her by the chin, draining her of her energy. A pink-colored light started to float out of her mouth as the color drained from her face. It was almost over...

CLANG!

The Tails Doll released its grip on Misty, screaming in pain as stuffing fell out of the gash in its arm. The orange light retreated back into Misty’s body, where it stayed as she got to her feet, coughing. What it the meaning of this? The Tails Doll looked around for the object that had damaged its arm. A large red jewel was spinning behind him from the inertia where it had been thrown and had landed on the ground after doing its job. Mimi was standing defiantly before the doll, breathing heavily, her back hunched in a position of rage and her eyes flashing malevolently.

“You dare...” she said forcedly between each heavy breath. “You dare hurt my friends...”

Yes. And what are you going to do about it? You’re just a helpless little girl, after all. What can you do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

“You’d be surprised...” Mimi said dangerously. Then she started screaming in pain. Her head began to twist unnaturally, the sound of bones snapping clearly audible. She was shapeshifting again, though this was more gruesome than her normal puff-of-purple-smoke form transition.

Oh, here it goes, Dimentio said in a deadpan tone. Mimi, you really have to learn to control that temper!

“Wh-what’s going on?” Web cried.

Mimi’s sickening transformation continued with six spindly legs protruding from the sides of her head, her eyes disappearing and her mangled face gaining a sickeningly insane grin. Her normal body was now hanging limply from her head, supported solely by the spider-like legs. She was no longer the sweet, innocent little girl that she had always seemed to be. The façade had been shed. This was the true Mimi. “You DARE to attack my friends, destroy beautiful worlds AND doubt my power? You can’t judge a book by its cover, STUPIDHEAD!” Mimi shouted, her voice now lower and raspy-sounding.

Oh, sweet mother of Yuji Naka! the Tails Doll cried. Why didn’t I lock her up when I had the chance?

Mimi shot another Rubee at the evil doll, tearing its right arm clean off this time. She then proceeded to fire Rubees randomly throughout the void, each of them shattering one of the glass balls containing the worlds the doll had destroyed. Each time a glass ball was shattered, the world inside shone brilliant rays of light at any of the former inhabitants of it that were being displayed. As a statue-esque being came in contact with light from his or her own world, they were instantly revived. The pure souls the Tails Doll had were sent back to the bodies they belonged to and the beings that hadn’t left their original world by choice were immediately sent back. Stardust’s body was bathed in the light of Tajiria and any trace of his former conditions vanished(well, except for the blindness in his left eye, but he had that prior to Tajiria being destroyed). Chestnut City shone its essence on Jess, cutting the strands holding her in that painful-looking pose in the process. “Who-what?” she cried as the life came back to her eyes. “What’s going on? Where’d all the tacky burn-your-eyes-out green go and why’d it get replaced with Subspace’s way-more-cooler wallpaper job?” Mimi’s Rubees also struck the pentagon-shaped traps, freeing Nastasia, O’Chunks, Dimentio and Jareth.

No... this isn’t possible! the Tails Doll shouted. How could this happen? ... No matter. Even with these minor setbacks, I shall prevail... It disappeared, laughing in a high-pitched tone quite unlike itself. Everyone else managed to get to the portal for the Labyrinth somehow.

“Well, now what?” Jess asked after she and Stardust had been brought up to speed. “He’s just gonna go back and redo all that crap he did.”

“Relax, crazy girl,” Dimentio said, “we can just get the Orbs again and everything will be fine.”

“But how? They were scattered after you and Jareth were done with ‘em, right?” Errol asked. “It’d be impossible to find ‘em all now.”

“Actually, the Orbs woulda probably stayed in this world. All the worlds were isolated from each other when that freaky yellow guy destroyed ‘em, so the Orbs wouldn’t have anywhere to go but places in this world.” Even more surprising than Kermit playing the blame game earlier, it was Zoot who let loose this fountain of completely useful information.

“... Wow. I’m impressed,” Dimentio said, shocked. “You actually managed to say something that made sense.”

“Wha... what are we talkin’ about?” Zoot asked.

“That’s what I thought.” The “charming” magician started tugging the glove on his left hand.

“So your intentions were pure after all,” a feminine voice said. The elemental being Dimentio and Jareth had summoned earlier appeared before them all, scowling as she had been before.

“Excuse me, miss, who are you?” Kermit asked politely.

“Oh, it’s that Nova-watchit girl...” Jareth muttered angrily. “I thought we didn’t deserve your services. If you’ve not come to help us, than get lost!”

I see you still have a problem with names, Jareth,” she said. “It’s ‘Notivel Attertlap’, for future reference. And I’m not going to ‘get lost’. I’ve been watching you since you summoned me, and have come to the conclusion that for the first time in my existence, I was wrong about someone’s character. I would be more than willing to assist you and your comrades in any way I can.” She gracefully bowed before them all.

“You will?” Web said excitedly. “That’s great!”

But first, I’m sorry to say, you must collect the five Orbs again. I cannot stop the villain you seek to defeat alone. Only with Paltretta Leviton by my side will we both be strong enough.” Everyone groaned. Collecting the Orbs the first time had been hard work! Even if they were all in one world now, it would be a real doozy to look for them all. “Being summoned by the Orbs, I cannot seek all five for myself. Though I can make your search a bit less time-consuming.” She held out her hand and a purple light emerged from it. The Spirit Orb. “This is the only one I and my sister are allowed to handle. The others push us away because we are made up of all five elements. The Orbs are attracted to areas and beings that are of the same element as they represent, but repel their opposite.

“So, like, if someone tried to throw the Fire Orb into the ocean...?” Janice asked.

Exactly. But simply finding the Orbs again will not be enough. You must have someone who is capable of using light-aligned magic pour all their energy into the Orbs once they are all gathered. Only one of light can summon Paltretta. The two dark magicians you have with you are the reason I am here instead. They try to do it again and the Orbs will be scattered again.

“Someone of light, huh...?” Dimentio muttered. He then pulled the glove off that he had been tugging. Standing out from his hand’s black skin was a brilliantly polished golden band on his ring finger, almost completely smooth save for an engraving that no one could make out because no one was close enough. His wedding ring. He took it off and pressed it to his lips, quickly saying something unintelligible under his breath. A portal then appeared over their heads and a pair of blue and purple boots lowered down from it.

“David Robert Jones, what have you gotten yourself into this time?” Luna Pekkala said as she landed gracefully on the ground. Following her out of the portal were Terra, her older sister with blue-and-white hair and green eyes, and Helios, her younger brother whose entire look, including his eyes and wild hair, consisted of shades of red, orange and yellow. Dimentio quickly explained the situation to them, then introduced them to those who hadn’t met the magical sibling trio yet.

Meanwhile, Notivel was looking over the three newcomers. “Hmm, not bad...” she said, smiling on the inside(though not on the outside... yet). “These three may be able to pull it off.

“Notivel Attertlap, from the legends...” Terra muttered. “So I guess we’re here to try and summon Paltretta?”

“How’d you know?” someone asked.

“Duh!” Helios exclaimed. “Luna’s got books full of this stuff! The stories of the Elemental Five and their first two creations are part of our heritage.”

“Well, now that we’ve all gotten chummy, it’s time to get to business,” Dimentio told them. “Here’s what we do...” He quickly formulated a plan to find the remaining four Orbs before the Tails Doll destroyed the world again. Jess and Mimi would both shapeshift into identical copies of Jareth and run around with two of Dimentio’s clones of himself, essentially having three Dimentios and Jareths roaming the Labyrinth, to confuse the Tails Doll. Meanwhile, four teams of two would search for the Orbs: Helios and Misty would search the Goblin City, Terra and O’Chunks would take the ravine, Nastasia and Gonzo would comb the highlands and Web and Errol would travel to the neighboring kingdom of Moraine, to attempt to enlist the help of Queen Mizumi. At the same time, Stardust, the Runner siblings and the Electric Mayhem would go to Tajiria, Free Country USA and the World of Trophies to find more people to help them out. Luna would stay behind with the others to try and recreate the star that had held the Orbs the last time they were used(it broke) and to create a magical barrier to keep those with her safe. They would be ready for anything that came their way.

------------------

“What exactly should we be looking for, again?” Misty asked. She had no idea where to even begin looking in the big city.

“We’re looking for something that deals with fire, or it’s really hot,” Helios suggested. “Maybe we should just burn stuff and make the Fire Orb come to us instead.” He got a crazed look in his eye when he said this.

“No!” Misty shouted. “No burning anything! Lord knows we don’t wanna destroy the place.” Helios stared at her with pleading eyes. Pleading, adorable, watery, “please, pretty please, I’ll be good, I promise to keep the fire in a safe place, please” red eyes. She finally gave in. “Oh, alright, fine. Hope there’s some spare twigs or something so we don’t have to resort to stealing...”

“Yay! Burning stuff!” Helios exclaimed joyfully. He twirled his two sun-decorated mini-staffs, then tossed them into the air. They accidentally collided in midair and set off some sparks. “Oops.”

------------------

The Earth Orb was locked away in a natural cage of stalagmites and stalactites on the side of the ravine. Whether it had formed them to protect itself or not was an unknown, and also not important. What was important was that Terra and O’Chunks got to it.

“Alright, stand back, please,” Terra told the muscle-bound man. “This might get a little messy.” She thrust her staff onto the ground and started muttering an unintelligible chant. Her green eyes began to glow, her hair stood on end and the ground beneath her started to shake. Her natural affinity with the earth was being put to good use. Too bad O’Chunks had the patience of a small child.

“Argh, this be takin’ too long!” he shouted. “Enough wit’ this namby-pamby magic nonsense!” With that, he wasted no time punching his way through the spikes, grabbing the Orb in the process. Terra immediately stopped her spell, as it would do no good now.

“I’ll admit, that was a little uncalled for,” Terra said, “but I have to say, I’m impressed.”

------------------

“There it is!” she cried. “The Wind Orb!” Nastasia had spotted the green embodiment of wind hovering on its own at the top of a small yet incredibly steep peak. “But how do we get it?”

“I got a great idea!” Gonzo exclaimed. “You could grab hold of my legs and throw me like those Olympic people do in the hammer throw, then I’ll try and grab it in midair. And if it doesn’t work the first time, we can just try again!”

“Um, I don’t think that’s a good idea...” Nastasia tried to talk some sense into the blue weirdo, but he was already preparing himself for the throw. Knowing it was a terrible idea, she picked him up by the legs and started swinging him around as best she could(thankfully for the hypnotic secretary, he was very light). Then, when she thought her aim was just right, she tossed him at the Orb. Gonzo tried to grab it as he had planned, but something strange happened: instead of sailing past it, the Wind Orb blew him straight back in the direction he had just been thrown from, sending him crashing straight into the ground. Of course, that’s the kind of stuff he lives for, so he was okay.

Nastasia sighed, then noticed something. The Orb was calling to her. It had somehow remembered the secretary from their alliance in Free Country, USA, as if it was alive. It benevolently pulled her upwards toward it, negating gravity itself...

------------------

“Well, this is the gate to the palace of Moraine, I think...” Errol said. “What if they don’t let us in?”

“It’s worth a try,” Web replied. She knocked on the gate, not really expecting it to work. Surprisingly, it did. The gates opened and allowed them entry, then closed as soon as they had crossed the threshold. The two birds made their way through the glistening fountain-filled palace to the throne room where Mizumi, the Queen of Cups, was waiting. She held a wine glass in her right hand filled with some unknown clear liquid and gazed upon them with a withering stare.

“So,” she said, “I assume you two are Web the Swallow and Errol the Owl?”

“Y-yes,” Web replied, obviously nervous. “How did you— I mean, what gave you that impression, your highness?” She was trying to be as courteous as possible, for she had never spoken to anyone in such a high political or social position before.

“I was alerted ahead of time that you were coming.” The queen motioned to an object that could not be mistaken for anything other than one of Jareth’s magic crystals. “So, you’ve come to ask me something?”

“Yes, ma’am,” Errol replied. “We need to find the Water Orb and we were wondering if you would maybe help us. It’s a blue glass ball, about yea big—” (he formed his fingers into a shape about the same size as the Orbs were) “—and it looks like it’s got water inside. We need to find it because if we don’t, the universe will be destroyed. So if you could help us in any way, it would mean a lot...”

Mizumi sighed. “And Jareth put you up to this?”

“Well, not really, but he is helping...”

Mizumi stepped down from her throne and walked gracefully towards the two birds. “Even though I would rather not work with Jareth after the trouble he’s caused me over the years,” she said, still holding her wine glass, “I can’t allow the fate of the universe hang on an old grudge. I will gladly help you.” She smiled. “Hold out your hand, please.” Web obliged, and Mizumi tipped her glass into her open hand. The contents of the glass took the shape of a blue sphere about yea big seemingly filled with water upon contact with Web’s palm.

------------------

Luna had almost finished repairing the star-thing as the four teams arrived back. “Did you get ‘em?” she asked each pair. They each held out the Orb they had been sent to retrieve. Helios and Misty were completely covered in scorch marks from their bonfire used to lure the Fire Orb to them. While Helios looked as though he couldn’t be happier if you had just handed him the cutest, softest puppy you could find and paid him five bucks a minute to pet and play with it, Misty seemed a little worse for wear. “Never... again...” she moaned. O’Chunks still had a bit of rubble in his beard, and also a booger from where he sneezed due to the dust, but we’ll let him figure that part out on his own. Gonzo had some minor bruises, but they were hard to make out in his blue, um... hair? Feathers? I don’t know... ANYWAY. The point is, they had the Orbs again. Suddenly, a rift appeared and Homestar and Shooting Star jumped out, both breathing heavily.

“Well?” Kermit asked. “Is anyone coming?”

“No one...” Homestar panted. “No one but... Strong Bad...”

“He said he was coming,” Shooting Star continued for her brother. “But as we entered the portal, he said he had to do something and left. He said he had a plan, but I don’t know what...”

“Either way, we can’t waste any more time,” Luna said. She had just completed repairing the star. They started to place the Orbs in their positions, the star lighting up again when it was complete. At that moment, Jess and Mimi, looking more like themselves as they ran, rushed to meet the others, the Dimentio clones having faded off. “Are you two okay?”

“It’s coming!” Jess exclaimed, her eyes being the last to change back from blue and brown to their normal gray color. “We don’t have much time left!”

“Oh no!” Web cried. “What’ll happen if it finds us?”

“Don’t worry, I planned ahead,” Luna told them. “That’s what the barrier is for.”

It was then that Dimentio and Jareth reappeared. “What’s this I hear about the barrier?” Dimentio asked. “No need to worry. If there’s one thing I know, no barrier made by my shmoopy has ever been broken. Even I couldn’t break it if it were me she was attempting to keep out.” This ended up in a sick little puppy-dog moment between Dimentio and Luna. ‘Shmoopy’, indeed. However, the affectionate moment didn’t last long. The same force that the Tails Doll had been using to consume the worlds, albeit in a diluted form due to its missing arm sapping at its strength, was starting to close in on them... seeping under the barrier. “No way!” Dimentio shouted. “No freakin’ way!”

Then, to everyone’s surprise, another rift opened and the Mayhem bus sped out of it, closely followed by two mustachioed Italian brothers(the Mario Bros), a dark-blue spherical masked swordsman with bat wings(Meta Knight), a brown fox wearing a gray jacket and green jumpsuit holding a blaster(Fox McCloud), twin children wearing parkas and carrying large mallets(the Ice Climbers), a young boy with a baseball cap holding a yoyo(Ness) and an angel-winged teenage boy wearing Grecian-style clothing and carrying two golden swords(Pit). A large floating white-gloved hand not attached to an arm or body, known only as Master Hand, brought up the rear, deep red scars on its knuckles from a previous encounter with something incredibly nasty that I will not say due to potential spoilers for the Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Bros Brawl. “Gangway, coming through, look out!” Dr Teeth shouted as the bus plowed through the trees, the entourage from the World of Trophies following close behind.

A third rift opened soon after with Stardust leading a large group of the best Pokémon he could find and who were willing to help. Right by his side were Dimentio’s other Pokémon, a Combusken named Major Tom, a Haunter named Jareth(not to be confused with the Goblin King), a Cacturne named Iman, an Umbreon named Diamond and a Spiritomb named Void. Behind them were a multitude of other Pokémon, including but not at all limited to a Wartortle, a Quilava, a Grovyle, a Pikachu, a Misdreavus and a Kirlia. He had even somehow managed to get Mewtwo and a Lucario on their side. Stardust was holding a large stick, which had no real importance, it was just a stick. “ATTAAAAACK!” he shouted, all the Pokémon charging to where the Tails Doll was. The darkness closing in from all sides was starting to retreat as the Brawlers and the Pokémon did their worst to the evil plush.

“That should hold it off,” Luna said. She turned to Terra and Helios. “Are you ready?” They both nodded, and the three magical siblings began to pour all their energy into the Orbs. The Orbs gave off bright light in their colors, then the bright white light that had summoned Notivel shot up into the sky. Another figure was formed, this one having the exact same coloration as the Orbs she had been summoned from. She had the same body shape as Notivel though seemed a tad more graceful. Her hair was curly and not straight like her sister’s. Her eyes had the same five colors as the rest of her for did.

This was Paltretta Leviton.

Hellooooo, everyone~!” Paltretta greeted them in a far more cheery tone than her dark sister. “I’m here to help with whatever I can, be it unrequited love, a giant dinosaur attacking the town or universal chaos!” She bowed, just like her sister, and smiled sweetly at them.

“Um, it’s that last one we need help with,” Nastasia told Paltretta.

Cool.” The new elemental being looked around. “Where’s Novie? I wanna see her!” She soon spotted Notivel and proceeded to tackle-hug her.

Paltretta, get OFF!” Notivel shouted. “Why must you be so childish?

Why must YOU be so uptight?” Paltretta remarked back, with an obvious joking tone.

“Ahem, hate to interrupt this happy little moment you two are having,” Dimentio said angrily, “but there’s a pure-evil freako doll-thing trying to destroy the universe and if we don’t do something right now we’re ALL GONNA DIE!

Of course,” Notivel replied. “Now that we are together, we can defeat the evil. By merging into our ultimate form, we will have enough power to save the universe.

But we’re gonna need your help!” Paltretta giggled. “We need a LOT of positive energy to merge and transform! So think happy thoughts, believe in us... and yourselves, as well! Think of Christmas, think of snow, think of reindeer, off we go! And wave your cares good-byyyyyeee~! We can fly, we can fly, we can FLYYY~!

“Okay...” “I guess...” “Worth a shot...” “Let’s DO IT!”

So they all closed their eyes and thought of happy things, pleasant memories and encouraging quotes from inspirational famous people. One by one, they each changed from their normal selves into a ball of light in the color of their true selves, circling the Elemental Beings gracefully. Paltretta Leviton and Notivel Attertlap clasped their hands together as their two bodies were beautifully merged into one...