The Simpsons is Renewed for Two More Seasons

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
who knows, you might just get sued one day! and it'll be none other than me! hahahaahhaha......

ran

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
ya i heard tht indiana jones 4 is supposed to come out maybe in sometime of 2004 like in the summer...as for a simposn moie, i think peoplehave been ready for a simpsons movie for a good 5 years now..is it to late to make a movie, no, but if they did make a movie, i don't know what the simpson could do..then again, i'm not a writer for the show!

ryan
Of the record, you are correct. I know the costumer for the movie.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I love the Simpsons. Absolutely love it... but I HATE the new episodes. They're not funny. The humour is on par with a guy photocopying his butt. Redundent, overused, and just plain not funny.

I don't understand why FOX would renew the Simpsons, which has been overplayed in my opinion, but cancel an awesome show like Family Guy which had WAY more potential, as the Simpsons have used every idea possible.

And the producers of the Simpsons have been toying with an idea for a movie for years! Actually, Mike Reiss one of the writers came to my University last semester. He was absolutely hilarious, but that's beside the point. Anyway, he told us that the episode "Kamp Krusty" was originally one of their ideas for a movie, and that was what? About 10 years ago. Anyway, turns out "Kamp Krusty" is actually the shortest episode ever made, about 17 minutes to be exact. So I really don't think there's ever going to be a movie, and if there ever was, I wouldn't pay good money to see it.

Summary
Old Simpsons = Funny
New Simpsons = Not funny

^_^ Debo

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Family Guy is my all time favorite non-muppet show. I have every episode on my computer, and it had unlimited potential.

And they cancelled it.

Twice.

It started out with really good ratings, and then they put it on hiatus and moved it around, and effectively killed it. That was such a great, funny show and had limitless possibilities. Stupid Fox. Fox will keep renewing Simpsons as long as people watch it - they don't care if it's funny or not.

Jeremy

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i'm curious as to how long the simpsons could last on tv?...maybe another 5 years or so?!! who knows....although i think the simpsons is an awesome show, i think it's safe to say that the simpsons need to start finishing up the series in the next few years or so. i think its great the simpsons have been going on since 1989? most good shows if any may get 7 years if they're lucky; others may get even more like friends, or even cheers, or frasier...

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
I love the Simpsons. Absolutely love it... but I HATE the new episodes. They're not funny. The humour is on par with a guy photocopying his butt. Redundent, overused, and just plain not funny.

I don't understand why FOX would renew the Simpsons, which has been overplayed in my opinion, but cancel an awesome show like Family Guy which had WAY more potential, as the Simpsons have used every idea possible.
Oh totally. I fail to see how people can watch the Simpsons anymore. I mean HELLO! Fox, Groening, etc are trying to tell you something...when every episode has comic book guy going 'Worst Episode Ever!' they arent just yanking your chain. I think they went for a cocnerted effort for every episode to be all out creepy, distrubing, and unnerving(like the 'Praiseland' episode, *shivers*) or just plain unfunny(like the new season opener)

Like the WWE programs, Friends, etc...the Simpsons has fallen victim to the inevitability of winding doiwn and becoming un entertaining and at a loss of new smart ideas.

And man, Family Guy...wow. If ONLY Simpsons could have been aas edgy, clever, and rapid fire 3am style as that show!

Movies205

Reaction score
I use to love the simpsons for it satire but I stop watching once it became dumb and not funny... I guess I'll start watching it again...

I love satire, favorite movie ROBOCOP(along wiht Muppet Movie, and a bunch of other movies). On the surface Robocop just an awesome action movie(has the highest kill count I believe for an action movie) but if you dig a little deeper, Robocop so deep it unbelieveable and it shame it look at as just another dumb action movie.... truely a gem to those who look

Look what I've done trail way off subject....:big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
thats what happens after to many years of being on air, the writers don't have fresh, creative ideas to come up with some funny shows in the series. for example, i like watching home improvememt with tim allen, but after the 5th or 6th season, the shows started becoming to bland for me kind of what the simpsons are doing. i like the simpsons, but like i said earlier in this thread, i think the simpsons need to start wrapping up the series.

ryan

Movies205

Reaction score
nah there plenty to pick at but I think they need to move, if they wanna survive... Think about it all new charachters... That or grow up...