The Simpsons is Renewed for Two More Seasons

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
like i said earlier, shows usually run out of ideas in the final years before they finish their series...it happens with a lot of shows...story ideas aren't as sharp as they used to be, and the characters don't act as funny as they used to...those are good signs to finish a series off...

ryan

Movies205

Reaction score
All these shows should of went out like Sienfeld did, ON TOP! Now everyone talks about seinfeld forever, cuz it didn't let self kill itself... Great show too bad it no on anymore but you got think would it turn out like friends and the simpsons...

beaker

Reaction score
OMG! I just saw the Superbowl Simpsons episode(1999) and forgot how hillarious that show was even in later seasons. I havent laughed that hard at a Simpsons episod ein ages, definately one of my favorite epsiodes. So yeah, when they are clever and subversive that show works wonders. I have to say I think the season finale of 1999(trip to Japan) has to be one of my all time favorite episodes.

Luke

Reaction score
The thing with the Simpsons is that yeah they used up all the good ideas a while back, and yeah they recycle, and yeah they lost the plot a bit. However thats not to say fresh new talent couldn't sort that show out or bring fresh life and classic episodes back to it. The problem, as is usually the case when something gets popular on TV is that the writers and production team are so highly paid and established now that they won't shift aside and let hardly anyone new in - they aren't going to give up the paycheck that puts food on their tables so they just keep on doing what they've been doing all along and hope for the best.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
The thing with the Simpsons is that yeah they used up all the good ideas a while back, and yeah they recycle, and yeah they lost the plot a bit. However thats not to say fresh new talent couldn't sort that show out or bring fresh life and classic episodes back to it. The problem, as is usually the case when something gets popular on TV is that the writers and production team are so highly paid and established now that they won't shift aside and let hardly anyone new in - they aren't going to give up the paycheck that puts food on their tables so they just keep on doing what they've been doing all along and hope for the best.
One's own greed versus innovation and ideas, sad.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
that's a pretty big paycheck not to have......

ryan