The Simpsons Movie - Box Office Smash!

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
got this email update from Fox Studios... cannot wait to see it! Yeah.. Simpsons Rule!

The Simpsons Movie had an extraordinary opening all over the world this past weekend, grossing over $170M in its first few days. In America, it was the highest opening weekend ever for a non-sequel animated film. Overseas it has set numerous records in the United Kingdom, and has become the biggest ever animated film opening weekend in history for Australia, the #1 film in France & Germany, and the industry’s biggest opening ever in Argentina, Chile & Colombia.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
Is the movie only going to appear in theaters? That's what I was told.. =(

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
I haven't heard that... hope not!

You'd think they'd wouldn't want to miss out on the phenomenal DVD sales they would get!

Drtooth

Reaction score
They record commentary as soon as the movie is finished.

This is great news. They will no doubt make a sequal or something now. and hopefully this will bring them a step closer to making a Family Guy theatrical movie. It's already spreading around the rumor.

But honestly, I'd rather see an American Dad or a Futurama movie. I can even see the plot right now for American Dad. After a bunch of false alarms (a boy who cried wolf story) Stan is the only one that knows of a humongous attack on the US, and he single handedly has to stop it.

SSLFan

Reaction score
The Simpsons Movie had an extraordinary opening all over the world this past weekend, grossing over $170M in its first few days. In America, it was the highest opening weekend ever for a non-sequel animated film. Overseas it has set numerous records in the United Kingdom, and has become the biggest ever animated film opening weekend in history for Australia, the #1 film in France & Germany, and the industry’s biggest opening ever in Argentina, Chile & Colombia.
YAAAY! HOORAY FOR THE SIMPSONS!:excited: :smile: :excited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was watching some Special on TV guide channel with coverage from the premere, and I think the host said that they are planning i think 2 or 3 more movies.

I dont think she knew much about the simpsons though. She didnt know how to pronounce Matt Groenings last name. She said "Grow-ning", not "Grey-Ning".

Anywhoo, I'm seeing it sometime after this week. My faith in it has gone up. To be honest, I really did think the movie would be horrible, but with all these reviews giving it like, 4 stars, my hopes are rising...a bit