The Spider Thread

Vibs

Reaction score
Hi, all my fellow aracnofobiacs and/or non-aracnofobiacs!

I thought I would share this story about me, my chin and a spider the size of a very large thumbnail with you.

Yesterday, I was going to a family reunion party thing with my bro and dad. My dad and brother were going to pick me up at my mum's place, and when they got there and called me to walk out to the parking lot I was barely ready to go - But I hurried and quickly put on my jacket and got a bag packed and stuff. Then suddenly I felt something on my face, and recently we have had a lot of spiders in the house so I was being all paranoid and put my hand up to my face to wipe whatever was there away. As I didn't grap anything, I thought it was just a hair or two that had worked their way up to my cheek. Relieved I opened the frontdoor, locked it and ran out to the parking lot.

20 minutes later, it was too hot to wear a jacket inside the car...So I decided, to take it off. As I unzipped it and took it down my shoulders, I felt that weird hair-ish feeling again, this time on my neck. I put my hand up to my face once more to take it away, but the "hair" moved from my neck to my chin and upwards along the edge of my face. I caught it though and as I felt something moving in my clenched fist, I realised what this just might be...

... I opened the hand - a gigantic spider, a body the size of a large thumbnail and legs where you could, not kidding, see the hairs. I rapidly threw the spider down onto the floor and seconds later I was somewhere on the backseats, laughing and sorta screaming by turns. My brother was sitting next to me and as he saw the spider, he too started climbing the inside of the car shouting "Dad stop the car stop the car!!" (he's 29 years old, and usually pretty tough when it comes to spiders but not this one...)

Eventually my dad stopped the car and we both ran out, jumping around like mad, making sure the creep wasn't on us... As we had calmed down, we started searching for it inside the car.. but.. The spider was gone, and I am pretty sure it is still somewhere in the dark, waiting for the humans to come back...

I'm rather sure I must have had the spider there sitting on my neck, since I put on my jacket, which had been lying on the floor. And I'm such a wimp when it comes to spiders so this was quite an experience for me. :stick_out_tongue: *still shivering*

Woops, that was a long story :smile: So do you guys have some interesting spider and/or other bugs and/or snakes and/or other things like that - related stories?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol, that was a funny story Vibs; I would've freaked out too if the spider is exactly the way you described it to be.

Vibs

Reaction score
It was, horribly big. I can still feel it in my hand, crawling... wait.. there it is! aaargh! ... (just kidding there :wink:)

BEAR

Reaction score
I used to be deathly afraid of spiders. I had been since I was just a little tyke. As I got older, I became braver, but I'll bet if I encountered a spider like the one in your story, I would flip out too!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i have crickets that eat the spiders now i need snakes to eat the crikets

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only "spiders" I'm afraid of are "grand-daddy longlegs" ever since 'the inicident".

BEAR

Reaction score
The "incident," Snowthy?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One day when I came home from school when I was in kindergarten, I found a grand-daddy longleg on our garage wall: it's body was about the size of a half-dollar coin, and with it's legs spread out it was as large as a hoola-hoop. I was terrified!

BEAR

Reaction score
What's the difference between a daddy longlegs and a grand-daddy longlegs? I've never heard of the latter before.