The Spider Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
What's the difference between a daddy longlegs and a grand-daddy longlegs? I've never heard of the latter before.
Same thing basically; it's kind of like "eether"/"ayether" "neether"/"nayether".

BEAR

Reaction score
So it's the same thing? I would have thought that the difference would be in size. The grand daddy longlegs sounds like it would be freakishly huge in comparison...like the size of my head or something.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
One day when I came home from school when I was in kindergarten, I found a grand-daddy longleg on our garage wall: it's body was about the size of a half-dollar coin, and with it's legs spread out it was as large as a hoola-hoop. I was terrified!
I'd probably still be in therapy if that happened to me, Snowthy *shudder*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Vibsy, I just wanted to thank you for sending that spider and all of it's friends and family over to my house!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just wanted to point out Daddy Longlegs are not Spiders. They don't have the same body type as Spiders. They're insects that just happen to have long legs.

Not that that makes them any less creepy, just thought I'd share.

I wish I wasn't so scared of bugs, lol. I mean they're not bothering me, they just look scary. That's not a good reason.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have an odd fear of spiders. I am terrified of spiders, but for some reason, I love tarantulas. and the spiders in cages or something dont bother me. I also love those fake spiders, but if I see a regualr spider, even a daddy long leg or tree spider, I freak out so bad.